1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Terminal and. Scared - UPDATE !

Discussion in 'Diabetes Complications' started by kman, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazzer

Mazzer Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Kevin,

Your reply brought tears to my eyes, you are such a sweet man, to me you are very courageous it takes an awful lot of guts to admit that you have made mistakes in life and are suffering terribly as a result, we all think it won't happen to us.

I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my daughter and was warned that I would probably get diabetes in later life. There is nobody in my family who has had diabetes so I thought I would get away with it, I carried on being a chocoholic and eating all the wrong things I had a terrible sweet tooth and wasn't satisfied with one piece of cake I would always have two, and here I am now almost twenty years to the day with T2 Diabetes. I have been borderline for probably about 2 years, but didn't do anything about it, if I had taken action straightaway I would not be in this situation today and could have delayed the onset for a few more years.

Your sad story has certainly shocked me into looking after myself, and the reality of what may lie ahead if I don't is terrifying. I am truly grateful that you allowed me and the rest of the forum into your life to help us not to suffer as you have.

I know you must be very scared and who wouldn't be in your situation, it takes someone very special to care about others when they are suffering so much, and Kevin YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL.

Take care, speak soon.

A BIG HUG to you and your family.

Love Marilyn xx

• Like Like x 3
  2. kman

kman Type 1 · BANNED

Folks I dont think there is enough call either for the Thread or a. Blog, I am not going anywhere, and will post in the Forum, if ANYONE does need to talk, or to find out how things are, then Please feel free to PM me,

We really really want to thank you all for the Love, Care and. Empathy we have recieved,

Love. and. Hugs.

Kevin. and Wendie.

xxxxxxxxxxxx.

• Like Like x 2
  3. totsy

totsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Love to you and wendie xxx

• Like Like x 2
  4. Randburg

Randburg Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Kevin,
    I have been reading your posts on a on going basis and admire your courage and determination.
    I Have not responded as I share all the sentiment's expressed by so many others, I am certain everyone who looks at the forum posts has got your message of "Take good care" I certainly have.
    I look forward to reading how things are Going
    Best wishes

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mazzer

Mazzer Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Kevin,

Glad to see you back on the Forum, It's been a while since you were last on, I have missed you and wondered if you were ok.

Lovely to hear from you again, always thinking of you.

Love to you and Wendie.

Marilyn xx

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nicholas Hoare

Nicholas Hoare Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. tizzy

tizzy · Well-Known Member

Hi kman always look for any activity from you glad you still post I don't get on here as much at the moment but always have a read if I get time keep well tizzy

• Like Like x 4
  8. JANROU

JANROU Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sending you love and hugs, you have been an inspiration to me and I'm sure to many others. At the moment my control is a bit haywire and there seems no pattern to work on but I know I have to control it somehow thanks to you. Take care of yourself and your family x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Like Like x 2
  9. annepgill

annepgill Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi hun I haven't been on much hope you are keeping well I just wanted you to know that you and the family are never far from my thoughts and prayers much love to you all xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

10. jack412

jack412 Type 2 · Expert

I haven't posted, but I have followed your thread, we all wish for the best for you both. keep posting
    With 6,545 views, I'm not the only one

11. kman

kman Type 1 · BANNED

Hi Folks,

Wendie, Dayne, Delta the Dog was I few all still here, and OK as such,

Just 2 Days ago I had yet another Deterioration, and a bunch of Nerves in my upper left arm were damaged, but hey ho folks I live DisabledaboutPoweredWheelchairchairsChautauquaallowBuse fight another days right ?

I would love to had from a few you now and again, .it does get Lonely, So Please Keep in Touch, NOW is the Time for FRIENDS !!!

With ALL OUR. LOVE.

KEVIN and. WENDIE.

xxxxxxxxxxxx.

12. zand

zand Type 2 · Master

Hi kman, good to have you back again

13. connie104

connie104 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

14. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Morning Kevin and hello to Wendie and family I wasn't around for a few months and now, so glad to participate on the forum again, plus you and Wendie were always in my thoughts:angelic:. There are so many wonderful people here following and sharing your journey through the better time's and the many bad times ( FRIENDS:D). We're rooting for you Kevin, keep on posting and keep that wonderful positive attitude of yours because that's what makes you who you are:) With love and my very best wishes to you all XXXX

15. kman

kman Type 1 · BANNED

Sorry folks, didnt realise AutoCorrect had took on my last post !!!

Anyway thanks all for the support, we love you all, there may be another big post soon with recent details, Drs now think 18 months max if I stay on very strict regime,

Think of me when Pollen count is high as I can't go out on those days, recent development, my eyes puff up so much I can't see. !

Email me people who have it, i'd love to hear how your all doing,

16. tizzy

tizzy · Well-Known Member

Hi kman always always look fo your posts and to see if you are online only post when you can dont take too much on with blogs and stuff just good to know your about tizzy

17. Mad Dad

Mad Dad Type 2 · Member

Hi kman. I've not been around for a while so I hope your going well. Just read the last few posts and its a bit of good news from the Doc.... I've been off the wagon for a while and I'm really feeling it. I was doing so well too while I was training for a small duathlon. But I got a chest infection just before it so couldn't do it and my healthy regime hit the skids. That was 7 weeks ago and I've been sliding ever since. however I've just glanced through some of your scariest posts and its knocked be back on track. Keep up the good work, but only when you can. Nobody on here wants you to to more than you feel you can but you are a real motivator..... Thank You. Best wishes to the family.....

• Like Like x 2
  18. spirits

spirits Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi kman, I do not know you and hope you are all right I am very sorry to hear of your shock with the illness,must not be easy to deal with at all,I hope you are getting through this bit better than the start of the news,it sounds a good idea to do a blog and post things that are meaningful to you and to share with others, I do hope you get through this, I so wish there was a miracle to fix all the ill health and make you better and the same for anyone else.stay strong thinking of you hugs x

• Like Like x 2
  19. Scandichic

Scandichic Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just for the sheer randomness.... Tupp in Swedish is a cockerel!
    @kman I would be honoured to offer my support for what it's worth! Big hugs to you and your wife. Take carexxx

• Like Like x 2
  20. kman

kman Type 1 · BANNED

Mad Dad, will try and PM , Lovely to hear from you again, please keep in touch mate. !

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook