Tesco - Diabetes testing

redrevis

Hi guys

I was in my local big Tesco the other day and over the tannoy system came a voice stating something along the lines as "Visit our Pharmacy counter to get a free diabetes screening test and/or a blood pressure test." They get you to fill in a short questionnaire which covers the basic symptoms questions etc. Then they give you a finger prick test and tell you your BG reading and they offer advice depending on the result. They do state that "The test measures blood glucose levels but is not able to diagnose whether or not you have diabetes." But i think this is a really good thing to be done in your local supermarket, as just imagine the amount of people that go through there. If just a few of them are curious or worried about their blood pressure or diabetes but not enough to make them see their GP then this is a great way to try and encourage them to find out.

Have any of you heard your local supermarket advertising this kind of testing in store?

bedshaped2000

thats how i found out i was diabetic 17 months ago in our local asda. i already thought i had it due to the symptons but was scared of what type due to my hgv license was at jepordy. went to asda 16.1 and get to your doctors as soon as possible. 17 months later i have lost 7 + stone and gone from a 50 inch waist to a 34 inch waist loving life and feeling great. thanks asda you saved my life :D

redrevis

Wow, what a great story. I didn't realise supermarkets had been doing this for so long. It's the first i've heard of it. Good that it's multiple companies doing it as well.