turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
hi

went for my blood sugar test today my HbA1c. but they also said they will be testing my liver and kidney with the blood too. last year it was by urine? i get my results friday and i know what my blood sugar is. but what should i be expecting with kidney and liver. how is that measured? how will i know what the figures mean?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ask for a print out of your results and if there is anything you don't understand ask the doctor what they mean. You can always check with us later if you don't get satisfactory answers from your GP. It's good that those are being checked too. So let us know on Friday.

Reactions: 2 people

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
great i will thanks. never had the other tests so just a bit bamboozled as to what to expect. im calling them for my results as cant get there for a while now

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My liver and kidney function are normally tested with the HBA1C as well as Cholesterol. I normally get a print out that says what the levels are and what they want them to be with a brief explanation. As far as I understand kidney and liver complications are one of the possible side effects of diabetes so they tend to check them regularly when they do the blood test so that they pick up any issues early.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
i asked if it was a cholestrol test and she said now. i assumed it would be as it was last year. suppose ill have to make another trip for that then

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi mate, just carrying on from last night, I've had a fatty liver and also kidney and liver function tests for years when I was on the diet recommended by dn and GP. Nothing happened up and up. Wasn't till I started low carb and the help I got from the great people on here, then I started getting great results!

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
im totally convinced and fully plan tho start LCHF and i cant thank you guys enough it feels good to know you are here and really appreciate your all

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
i asked if it was a cholestrol test and she said now. i assumed it would be as it was last year. suppose ill have to make another trip for that then

Remember to make sure it's a full lipid profile, not just total cholesterol. The benefits of LCHF show up more in some of the ratios such as triglycerides/HDL and total/HDL.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
she didnt do that cholestrol this time for some reason. i dont know why they dont just the lost in one visit. if i have to heave them why not

nancyb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi turvell, glad to see you are still on board. The LCHF diet has certainly helped me a lot. Just ease yourself into it and after a while you'll get used to it.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
my first test results for the year have come in. this is my first test since diagnosis last oct 2013. my result is 42mmol ?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Snap - that puts you at the bottom end of the prediabetic range. What were you before?

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I was 6.8% 12 months ago

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Don't sound much but if I go down even one more percent it will be non diabetic figures