Test strip disposal

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a noob question :oops:

I've just been restricted to a three year driving licence and need to test while I'm out driving.

How should I dispose of my used test strip?

Just chuck it out the window??? :lol:

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I use an old test strip container if I'm out and dispose in sharps container when I get home.

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
mo1905 said:
I use an old test strip container if I'm out and dispose in sharps container when I get home.

That's a good idea. I'll keep an empty test strip container in the glove box.

carol39

I use a old test stick tub and put them in the yellow box when l get home would like to get a nice bag to carry all my pump items l would also like some idea were to put my bed in bed as l move around all night

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Put mine in the bin.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Throw them on a woodburner. If you have one.:smile:

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Paul Oak

Get an Acu-Chek mobile, no strips, it uses a cassette with a 50 test tape that is retained within the meter, and winds on after testing, presenting a new test automatically, therefore no fumbling with tubs or foil packs and struggling to put a strip in the meter, therefore no disposal problems, the whole cassette can put in ordinary rubbish when being replaced. Another advantage is the pricker is attached to the meter, and uses a cartridge of 6 lancets, which pushes on the end, so no unscrewing and inserting a lancet, or sharps disposal as the used lancets are retained in the cartridge which can again go in normal rubbish when replacing. A final advantage is the whole testing process can be done single handed in the car.

pav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another vote for an old test strip container, I put the used strips in them along with the used lancets.