Test Strips

Talos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfriendly people, MP's,
I use Freestyle Lite and because I test mainly once a day, one of my boxes has gone out of date, can I still rely on readings from them. I am type 2 and have managed to keep my level reasonably in check around 5.8-6.1 mmol , I have noticed recent checks to be 6.2-6.8mmol would this be attributable to the out of date strips ?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Depends how out of date I suppose. I doubt that they go wrong the day after they expire but if it is most of a year then I wouldn't trust them.

jassi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Freestyle Lite and because I test mainly once a day, one of my boxes has gone out of date, can I still rely on readings from them. I am type 2 and have managed to keep my level reasonably in check around 5.8-6.1 mmol , I have noticed recent checks to be 6.2-6.8mmol would this be attributable to the out of date strips ?

I've noticed that different batches can give slightly different results, so that sort of difference is what I might expect. You are only going to get something approaching true accuracy with a laboratory result.