Testing levels

iHs

petra38 said:
Today I had 9.5 pre breakfast and after two hours I had 6.5...I am not sure if this is good or bad!

Hi

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but for me a bg level of 6.5mmol 2hrs after eating would mean that by the time I got to 3hrs my bg levels would be around the 4mmol mark so would need to eat a small amount of carb to lift me up a touch otherwise if I didnt, my bg levels would be somewhere between 2mmol and 3.5mmol by the time 4hr had gone by. So be careful and do some bg testing at the 3hr mark just to make sure that you are dropping down towards hypo levels...........

petra38

Not sure about today, 9.5 pre breakfast 6.5 two hours, pre lunch 7.2 post two hours 6.6...this by 4pm. Pre dinner at 8.30 after a small wine 8.9...can anyone interpret please?

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Before meals: 4 to 7 mmol/L for people with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
After meals: under 9 mmol/L for people with type 1 and 8.5mmol/L for people with type 2

I would say your pre breakfast are slightly too high. Before meals a bit too high as well

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Believe you are type 2..? Were you active this morning physically to lower your bloods??
Breakfast a bit high.. What meds are you on and when do you take them?