Tests questions

ShyGirl

Can somone answer , please?

I have a box of strips that say "2011 09". Is it ok to open them and use them?

Can I test for protein in my urine at home? If so , where would I buy the test kit from?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Yes u can use them are they going to know that tomorrow is October!

WhitbyJet

Shy Girl - I have used test strips that were slightly out of date, I think you will be fine with them.

You can buy test kits for protein in urine from larger chemists or even ebay, do a google search, there are a few places you can buy them from.

All the best to you

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ShyGirl, the only person who can answer you about the test is your doctor. Have the test done and ask him/her what it is that they are testing for and why they are doing it again. Also ask them what they are going to do if it comes back with any reading that isn't 'normal'. There's no point putting it off as you will worry over not having it done.

Ann

WhitbyJet

ShyGirl - it's a nuisance having to have those tests done, sometimes we feel like a pin cushion, then the wait and worry until the results come back.

You are not feeling so good, so its best you have this test done, your doctor is trying to find out the cause of your health problems. The ESR test is done to detect inflammation in the body, you can read about it here: http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Blood-T ... mation.htm

Good luck, hope you feel better soon