Thailand and type 2

shez

Hi I am off to Thailand in September and use lisinatard ( lyxumia) injections for my type 2,
Does anyone know if I need any special paperwork for the airline or to get into the country with the needles and medication

MarcoRiveira

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From this website -> http://airportthai.co.th/main/en/732-faq

"Question Can diabetic person bring all injection equipment and medicine on board?
Answer Yes, Passenger has to ask the officer at the checkpoint for the security reason.

- I think this means "for security reasons"

Question Can liquid medicine be allowed on board?
Answer Yes, but you have to has a prescription from the doctor. The medicine has to be certified true."

- I think they'll let it through, but having paperwork will move things faster.

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Hi I am off to Thailand in September and use lisinatard ( lyxumia) injections for my type 2,
Does anyone know if I need any special paperwork for the airline or to get into the country with the needles and medication

The airport info is relevant but you should check with the rules of the carrying airline so that is your first port of call.

shez

Juliemma the only side effect I have had is feeling sick in the mornings and not being able to eat or drink much at that time

shez

Hi Mike D
I did have a quick look on the airlines site but couldn't find much, perhaps I will send them an email
Thanks

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi @LaurenMoffitt

Can you elaborate ?
Sure!!

I went to America and all my prescribed medication said Lauren K Lane and my passport said Lauren Kate Lane. My medication got destroyed because it didn't match my passport despite having all paperwork from GP. My suitcases in the hold were also searched and medication taken from there as well. My Hubby's bags etc were also searched!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Thanks @LaurenMoffitt

Thought so after I re-read it and good tip :) High handed behaviour but some airports / authorities couldn't care less.

Mike

shez

Well I have been in touch with Thai airways and I have to say they were great, offered me the diabetic meals in flight gave me tips for taking my medication whilst onboard and taking into account all the time differences as well as what to expect at immigration in Bankok.
Lauren you must of been unlucky when we did America they never even checked mine, even flying to Europe never had to even take it out my bag.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Worth the call huh ? Good work :)