Thank-you all !!!

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say a massive thank-you to everyone that participates on this forum, if it wasn't for everyone's encouragement my diabetes would still be badly controlled as I had been following the NHS Guidelines for 3 years which clearly were not working for me .....

My last visit with the nurse in March this year showed blood results of 7.9 which as she stated " you are on maximum medidication .... next stage is injections .... test once a week and I'll see you again in 3months time "

To say that I was c**pping myself would be an understatement ..... Anyway , long story short .... I found all of you lovely people , lurked in the shadows for a while ..... reading and learning. Changed my diet , cut out bread, pasta, potato, rice and all other nasties that raised my sugars ( started to low carb ) and began to exercise more !!!!

I had my 3 month appointment with my nurse today and to say that she was astounded at my results would be an understatement .........
As far as I'm concerned I stll have a long way to go , but my 3 month average is down to 6.3 , my weight has dropped for 101kg to 94kg ( like I said still a long way to go ) But what made all the difference for me was the total shock on my nurse's face when I told her that I had stopped taking my Gliclizade in April because it was causing me to go hypo ...... Yet she still told me to only test my sugars once a week !!!!!!

So I really just wanted to share my good news with you all and say thank-you xx

Reactions: 24 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done; an inspiration to others who are struggling. Keep up the good work, we know it makes sense!

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say a massive thank-you to everyone that participates on this forum, if it wasn't for everyone's encouragement my diabetes would still be badly controlled as I had been following the NHS Guidelines for 3 years which clearly were not working for me .....

My last visit with the nurse in March this year showed blood results of 7.9 which as she stated " you are on maximum medidication .... next stage is injections .... test once a week and I'll see you again in 3months time "

To say that I was c**pping myself would be an understatement ..... Anyway , long story short .... I found all of you lovely people , lurked in the shadows for a while ..... reading and learning. Changed my diet , cut out bread, pasta, potato, rice and all other nasties that raised my sugars ( started to low carb ) and began to exercise more !!!!

I had my 3 month appointment with my nurse today and to say that she was astounded at my results would be an understatement .........
As far as I'm concerned I stll have a long way to go , but my 3 month average is down to 6.3 , my weight has dropped for 101kg to 94kg ( like I said still a long way to go ) But what made all the difference for me was the total shock on my nurse's face when I told her that I had stopped taking my Gliclizade in April because it was causing me to go hypo ...... Yet she still told me to only test my sugars once a week !!!!!!

So I really just wanted to share my good news with you all and say thank-you xx

Well done itchyfeet - Your story just reinforces that for we T2s, the things that really make a difference to our wellbeing and blood scores is what we do for ourselves, with our eating patterns being central to that. Waiting for drugs to pull things into place is probably going to be a fruitless exercise.

Well done again. (Love your username.)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, that was a positive post to read. Congratulations to you :)

RRB

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Well done you big clap.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Congratulations itchyfeet
Your hard work is paying off, well done.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great stuff @itchyfeet . Glad you stopped being a 'lurker'. Keep up the good work and keep posting.
I just love it when one of us shows HCPs what we can do for ourselves.

Reactions: 5 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news Itchyfeet, you've not only done wonders for your own physical health but you've cheered the rest of us on too :D

Reactions: 3 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
@itchyfeet Well done. It's great success stories like yours that makes the rest of us keep trying. Thanks for the motivational post and keep posting.

Reactions: 4 people