Thank You Forum Hba1c Reduced In 4 Months

MikeyJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All, Just wanted say thank you to the forum for the invaluable information that I have been reading since my Type 2 diagnosis in March 2018 (this is my first post) I had a HbA1c of 81 and put on Metformin 2 x 500mg a day, told to loose weight, exercise and change my diet. Whilst I haven't followed a strict low carb diet I have taken the themes and advice on foods to avoid from this forum and tested regularly. Since diagnosis I have lost a stone coming down from 14st 6 to 13st 6 (still another stone to go ideally) and last week my DNS informed me my HbA1c is now 40! :)

I'm 43 and take Rosuvastatin for high Cholesterol (hereditary) and Lisinipril for high blood pressure. I'm hoping that I can have have an effect on these conditions too by carrying on the good work.

Thank you again helpful people!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What a result! Very well done You!

Reactions: MikeyJ

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done, @MikeyJ .
Keep up the good work, and keep reading and posting.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great result in a short time well done you you’ve worked at it and got a great result. Keep up the good work - excellent

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant results @MikeyJ
Well done indeed for taking control and getting those numbers down.. hopefully you'll be able to get off all the meds very soon.

MikeyJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @bulkbiker would be nice not to take the pills! I'm actually quite lucky in that I have no issues with metformin which I understand many do

Reactions: Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @bulkbiker would be nice not to take the pills! I'm actually quite lucky in that I have no issues with metformin which I understand many do
Out of interest (and because I am very anti statin) what was your last cholesterol result? Full breakdown if you had one..

MikeyJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't got the full breakdown but I think it was 6ish, Trigs also double what they should be. I've got used to hearing high numbers on this front due to having Familial hypercholesterolemia, been on statins for 9 years

Fit2y

What a great result MikeyJ. I've been type 2 for 15 years & was doing quite well mostly, however my last HbA1c was 100 (I nearly fell over when they told me - my previous was 61). So, I'm following low carb principles & doing some semi-fasting. Lost 21lb in the last 5 weeks, making my BMI 25.2. Hoping to see the HbA1c smashed when I have it re-checked - will be looming on here for inspiration.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great results @MikeyJ well done. :happy: My HbA1c was 82 in April and I've got my diabetes MOT and bloods next week. Hope I can post a similar report.:)