Thanks to this forum

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have this forum to thank ,
I'm just back from a doctors appointment, I showed her my charts on bg levels from the last three weeks and told her that im getting lots of good info in here that has made me want to take control of my diabetes and she was well pleased with me and now put me on repeat prescriptions for 200 testing strips a month, so thats a result :D

zhaith

well done, and i have to say it's nice to HCP's prescribing strips to those who are pro active enough to regularly monitor thier levels.

I was actually looking forward to my follow up appointment now i have been behaving myself for just over a month as my levels are the best they have ever been but sadly my DN broke her ankle and is off work :(, hope she gets better soon.....not just so i can have my appointment obviously :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done Sue! :)

Nigel

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
200 strips per month, eh? That's over 6 tests a day. You should be able to build up a pretty comprehensive list of foods, and how they effect your BG over the next couple of months.

All the hard work IS worth it!

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Thank you both for your replies,

I was getting really stressed thinking my strips would be stopped at any minute, but had a heart to heart with the doc and she agreed that my levels have improved since I've been testing regular and is pleased that I'm taking things seriously now :D

Sue

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Patch said:
200 strips per month, eh? That's over 6 tests a day. You should be able to build up a pretty comprehensive list of foods, and how they effect your BG over the next couple of months.

All the hard work IS worth it!

Hi Patch,
I'm testing 7 times a day now since three weeks ago when i got a 7.1 Hba1c result and another doctor wanted to up my medsI'm being retested in 6 weeks) i am seeing so much improvement though especially now I've cut down on carbs :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Sue o2 said:
Thank you both for your replies,

I was getting really stressed thinking my strips would be stopped at any minute, but had a heart to heart with the doc and she agreed that my levels have improved since I've been testing regular and is pleased that I'm taking things seriously now :D

Sue

Glad to hear that you are doing well and that you are getting the strips you need.

I just wish we didn't keep hearing from Members who cannot get the strips or are told they don't need to test. That, as most of us know is just rubbish.......how is anyone supposed to get control of their Diabetes without knowing what is happening ?

Why should people have to wait 3 months or more before finding out if what they are doing is the right thing. Time certain HCP's stopped treating us like children and credited us with a modicum of intelligence and common sense ! :twisted:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also have this forum to thank my latest HbA1c was 6.9 which is still too high for me but it is coming down and because I am a skinny trying to put weight on I sometime think I am fighting a losing battle but I just remember where I came from HbA1c 15.9 ! I cant get strips because (I know what I ought to be doing )and I am doing well GRR
CAROL

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
carty said:
I also have this forum to thank my latest HbA1c was 6.9 which is still too high for me but it is coming down and because I am a skinny trying to put weight on I sometime think I am fighting a losing battle but I just remember where I came from HbA1c 15.9 ! I cant get strips because (I know what I ought to be doing )and I am doing well GRR
CAROL

That's a big reduction Carol from 15.9 to 6.9, I am sure over the coming months you will get it down further....... good luck! :)

Nigel

mrawfell

Carol like the bit "I know what I ought to be doing". I think it is fair to say that aplies to most of us, but what we ought to be doing and are doing are often an area of conflict.