Thanks

andy...r

I was diag. type 2 in Apr 08 . I'm currently on slow releasing Metformin. It's not really a new posting just a big thankyou for all the regular postings. I have to be honest I have gained a lot more information reading the postings here than from my medical team. I work shifts and can't eat or sleep in regular patterns. It was a fight to get test strips , it was a fight to get slow releasing metformin perscribed. Although I am eating well but in too great a quantities and training three times a week I can't shed the weight . I read on here last week about false hypos. When I tested at the onstart of one of these I found my b.c. to be 9. For the last week I have been ignoring these just testing before driving training etc. The false hypo's are now present at b.c. 6 and the hunger is going. I have not yet been brave enough to go low carb but I'm sure when I get used to lower b.c. I will. I wish I found this site 5 months ago .I feel all the healthy eating and exercise was wasted because I was eating to maintain such high blood sugars.So once again I can't thank you enough