The 2 hour test

Azmol.ali

Hi,

I wonder if somebody can tell me what the sugar level should be for a 2hour test after eating.

I recently had a couple of choclate heroes and some rice and curry before before the meal it was 4.7 after was 7.0 its that ok oh yes had a small can of coke aswell. After a night sleep it was 6.2.

this was purley to test what I my result would come too.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
ideally, you should decide what you want your bg to be and make sure it is and the 2 hour after eating test, should have returned to the level it was before eating. The highest number will usually be an hour after you begin your meal.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Azmol.ali said:
Hi,

I wonder if somebody can tell me what the sugar level should be for a 2hour test after eating.

I recently had a couple of choclate heroes and some rice and curry before before the meal it was 4.7 after was 7.0 its that ok oh yes had a small can of coke aswell. After a night sleep it was 6.2.

this was purley to test what I my result would come too.

As a Type 2 the latest 2010 NICE guidelines for Bg levels are as follows:
Fasting (waking).......between 4 - 7 mmol/l.
2 hrs after meals......no more than 8.5 mmol/l.
If you are able to keep the post meal numbers lower, so much the better.

Romola

If you are keeping to a low glycemic load, then the slower breakdown of carbohydrates may mean that you won't return to your pre-meal reading after just 2 hours. It also means that you won't have spiked at a high level an hour after eating either. Having as few dramatics ups and downs as possible is what you are aiming at during the course of the day.

The link below is from Diabetes UK, and gives greater detail on blood glucose level targets.

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/MyLife-Young ... et-ranges/

Azmol.ali

thanks for the replies.

Went a bit over the top yesterday got home found the wife cooking chicken nuggets and somosa's lets say I had a few. Before eating sugar level was 5.1 two hours later its was 8.4.

I know shouldnt of had those type of food but the temptation got to me.

Tested again this morning came through at 5.7.

Rest of the week keeping a strict diet on.