The best diabetic food cupboard

maddiemo

If you had the perfect food store cupboard for diabetes diet what would be in it?
Mine is. Cream, butter, berries, plain chocolate,full fat milk, meats. That sounds unhealthy!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good cupboard but add brocolli, cauliflower, eggs, stir fry veggies and blue dragon sauces. Charlotte new potatoes and butter and a bottle of wine. Don't forget the Mattesons smoked pork sausages (Original recipe).

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All of the above plus de-caff dowl egberts coffee, wholewheat pasta, carrots, baxters scotch broth soup ansd mullier fat free yougots (lemon, strawberry flavour)

tracey167

Sloan973

Add low fat plain Greek yoghurt, blueberries, seeds, mixed salted nuts, scotch eggs, bacon, sausage, salad, oxo cubes, olive oil, curry powder, low calorie whole grain bread, sweetener, algae syrup, diabetic chocolates and sweets, almond flour.............

gally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Matches my cupboard to a T like to add sugar free jellies and tinned salmon :D

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Sugar free jellies and extra thick double cream, pate', lean ham and mini cookies to eat one a day !!! :) :)

sassywriter43

In mine is Tuna and Salmon.

Cannot have cream, egg, pate.

I have lean ham in the fridge and salad, and am about to have my first meal of the day.