The best feeling :)

Neicy0412

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have had my annual check this morning, my previous hba1c was 80 the time before that 90 and so on... For years I have struggled to control my diabetes. For the last six months I have stuck rigidly to DAFNE and while it has been a struggle at times, today for the first time ever I was greeted by a smiling consultant who asked "what have you been doing?" My hba1c is 55, I can't stop smiling. This is the lowest and best I have had in 15years I have also lost 3.6kg and my cholesterol is 3.2 I am over the moon, and want o say to anyone out there who is struggling,stick with it, if I can do it anyone can :) :) :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Fantastic news Neicy, give yourself a big pat on the back for such a great achievement :clap: :clap: :clap:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Angierose5 said:
What is DAFNE? Sorry fairly new to all this and was well controlled but not so well now x

DAFNE stands for Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating, it's a course offered to type 1 diabetics to teach them how to carb count and match their insulin to suit, it also covers many other aspects of day-to-day living with diabetes such as Sick Day Rules, Exercising and Basal adjustments etc.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought DAFNE was DESMOND's wife.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Yorksman said:
I thought DAFNE was DESMOND's wife.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

:lol: Good one Yorksman :thumbup:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You obviously haven't been introduced to DAFNES non identical twin BERTIE or her baby Scottish cousin BRUCIE either. :lol: