The D files.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Seriously.. No wind up. I'm always looking for answers. & I'm not the "spiritual" type by any means..
The subject is about the "paranormal" experience & a link with diabetes..? I can easily recount what I have seen/experienced since I was a kid.. Again in my teens.. 20s late 30s then it stopped.. Now recently in a recording studio in Swindon.. All BSs on the whole were normal before you ask..

More really to do with the tricks the mind plays chemically... I suppose??

There are possible links with diabetes & depression/Schizophrenia/Dementia/Alzheimer's...

My dad was T2. Was a straight up bloke. But even he told me of a visit from his dead mother on one occasion. Then went on to develop vascular dementia...
I'm thinking the science.. Could diabetics be susceptible to this sort of stuff that "ghost hunters" jump on... But actually be an early warning of something like dementia...?
Any thoughts...?

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, here's a conundrum: since we're all diabetics, whatever paranormal experiences we have or haven't had, we have no way of telling, collectively or individually, if we had (or didn't have) those experiences because we are diabetic, or regardless of being diabetic.

(And my plan would have worked, too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids!)

Reactions: 7 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Spiker.

Indeed you are right in what you said.. It's not denied that diabetes is a contribtary factor to the likelihood of dimentia...
To define my point though.
I'm looking to see if "aunt Doris" regardless of whether she was diabetic or not had "the gift" could commune with the dead. Bend spoons whatever? Then developed Altziemers in the later years...

It remains to be seen if some of the "mediums" I have discussed with & even poo poo'd in their approach to this sort of stuff by "romanticising" it will wind up with clear degenerative mental health issues yet..!

Apart from my mum who has recently developed memory problems but can still recount a good ghost yarn experienced in her youth. & even had a "close encounter of the third kind" driving home on a country lane in Somerset... ;)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lol. Well I've got a ghost story, but I'm not telling you lot anything about it!!! ;) :shy: I also suffer from depression. Stay around the forum for years (I'm 57) and I'll get my family to tell you if I ever suffer from dementia or Alzheimers. How's that? :)

Reactions: 4 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ok I will go out on a limb and speculate there's a connection between insulin and the Taoist concepts of the "triple burner" mystic organ, and "chi", including "pre birth" and "post birth" chi.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gee thanks Spiker. Guess what I'm reading about now! :rolleyes:

I've found out why my counsellor says the ring finger is powerful and not to 'tap' it. And also the link between the kidney and determination. Both relevant things to me. I haven't however decided what to cook for our evening meal because I'm engrossed in this stuff now. :rolleyes: And furthermore, I don't think I will be cooking any time soon.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm not diabetic,

I'm weird!

I also have really weird dreams.

I also have a lot of deja vue episodes.

There goes that theory!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just to add,
I have read somewhere, that hypos have a strange bearing on dreams and many diabetics have night time hypos and strange dreams.

One of my symptoms of RH is sleep disruption. I have had many tests, including apnia, and ecg, and wiring on my head etc, nothing from them.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
lol. Well I've got a ghost story, but I'm not telling you lot anything about it!!! ;) :shy: I also suffer from depression. Stay around the forum for years (I'm 57) and I'll get my family to tell you if I ever suffer from dementia or Alzheimers. How's that? :)

Sounds great.! Maybe a visitation from "t'other side" with obligatory White sheet to varify my therory..? Lol

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I have always suffered the most bizarre and disturbingly sinister dreams. They are so regular I just accept them now, though I do wonder at times if I'm odd !

When having hypo's I have sinister thought patterns.

I once believed I have just discovered the solution to all mankind's ills by just moving a few cans of sardines around in my cupboard. Scary thing was that once my levels were up I was trying to remember the order of sardine can transit. Obviously I couldn't and well, what a loss for mankind.

Maybe when our levels are very low it affects the brain in such a way that it stimulates the parts of the brain that we don't use (in my case about 100 per cent)

Interesting !

Reactions: 6 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have always suffered the most bizarre and disturbingly sinister dreams. They are so regular I just accept them now, though I do wonder at times if I'm odd !

I once believed I have just discovered the solution to all mankind's ills by just moving a few cans of sardines around in my cupboard. Scary thing was that once my levels were up I was trying to remember the order of sardine can transit. Obviously I couldn't and well, what a loss for mankind.

Maybe when our levels are very low it affects the brain in such a way that it stimulates the parts of the brain that we don't use (in my case about 100 per cent)

Interesting !

You're odd them I'm weird!

Have started telling them in my blog. Please read. I have a really specially weird occurrence that I will recount when I have time to blog it.

My life is weird, my condition is rare and weird. I am weird. I have to keep telling myself this, as being the special one, everybody's looks at me weird!!!!!!!! So I'm stuck with ' I'm weird!!

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You're odd them I'm weird!

Have started telling them in my blog. Please read. I have a really specially weird occurrence that I will recount when I have time to blog it.

My life is weird, my condition is rare and weird. I am weird. I have to keep telling myself this, as being the special one, everybody's looks at me weird!!!!!!!! So I'm stuck with ' I'm weird!!

Oh no, you think your Jose Mourinho !

Nosher, that's weird !

Reactions: 2 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Interesting !

I can connect with this train of thought during a hypo.. It's as if focusing on & changing a mundane routine will change the universe by un fathomable proportion... In fairness I have read a lot of Dougas Adams.. ;)

Reactions: 3 people

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I also see myself as an inanimate object !

Totally different and unique to every other living thing outside my own being !

I will think for ages about no one knowing what it's like to be me, seeing through my eyes, viewing the world as I do. Truly believing that I am born of something different !

And that's when my sugars are 4.6 !

I also get these weird thought of complete and utter nothing !

Imagine no stars, no planets, no galaxies or solar systems, no life, no darkness or light. No time..

Just nothing always !

Granted I support Fulham but I really don't think this comes into the equation this time !

Reactions: 3 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Interesting thread.

I first saw spirits at the age of 4, my mother saw them too on that occasion. Since then l've experienced all sorts of wierd stuff. I've had several OBE's, and seen the spirits of living people.

There is a woman I work with, we have the same dreams at the same time and we sometimes hear each others thoughts.

Reactions: 5 people

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I can connect with this train of thought during a hypo.. It's as if focusing on & changing a mundane routine will change the universe by un fathomable proportion... In fairness I have read a lot of Dougas Adams.. ;)

And in fairness I have over 350 horror films !

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I also see myself as an inanimate object !

Totally different and unique to every other living thing outside my own being !

I will think for ages about no one knowing what it's like to be me, seeing through my eyes, viewing the world as I do. Truly believing that I am born of something different !

And that's when my sugars are 4.6 !

I also get these weird thought of complete and utter nothing !

Imagine no stars, no planets, no galaxies or solar systems, no life, no darkness or light. No time..

Just nothing always !

Granted I support Fulham but I really don't think this comes into the equation this time !

I support Tranmere Rovers, how weird does this have to get.
I've seen my team win about 10 times in 3 seasons!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've seen "orbs".. Either 6inch diameter gossamer bubble type. Or on one ocaision a bright white lights passed through my car just as it was starting to stall on a back road in Warickshire.. I had a passenger at the time. We both saw it..
The same person that was in the car incident. (An ex girlfriend.) we both heard a door slam upstairs in my parent's house as I let myself in to drop off some band gear after a gig. Then we heard heavy booted footsteps running about up stairs.. I grabbed a mike stand (the heavy chrome plated type.) & we investigated.. No one in the house...

Same house. Dark humanoid shapes.. Another girlfriends flat. A 19th century type farm labourer. That guy hated me..!
To name a few..
My currant house. The first two weeks we moved in while I was pulling the place about & painting. A little old lady wasn't keen on the colour scheme or my music taste.. I found an old doctors bag in the attic full of Mozart sheet music... For the first two years after moving in, telesales phoning for a "Dr Hague"... (I believe now she was a retired wheel chair bound Doc.)

@urbanracer i've had "OBEs" as a kid. But kind of discount my experience due to location of being in bed at the time.. But they were like no dream (which I rearly dream anyway.) I have ever experienced.. I was brought up in a developed batch of 250 year old tiny cottages. I have also "woke" in my room to find the layout changed drastically. but to the point of the original architecture boundaries. With the familiarly located light switch unobtainable.. Every thing I should be able to find or trip over in the dark, gone..

Or is this just a precursor to me going loopy in my old age...? lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people