The Diabetes Chronicle needs YOU!

LeeKettle

Hi there,

My name is Lee Kettle and I am a 20-year-old type 1 diabetic from Staffordshire. I'm a student journalist in my final year of study.

I've only known that I'm a type 1 diabetic for less than three weeks, and although it was shocking to find out I had the condition, I feel like I'm just getting on with it and trying to power through. In fact, I'm seeking out the positives of being diabetic, and one of those is talking to people like yourselves who deal with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes on a daily basis.

This made me decide that, for my final year project, I would produce a diabetes news blog called The Diabetes Chronicle. It would look for the latest news when it came to diabetes, including the latest research, new innovative products and fundraising ideas. However, most importantly, the news site would also feature profiles on people who deal with diabetes, and how they cope with it.

Although the news website isn't up yet, we want to talk to people who have interesting stories to tell about their diabetes, whether negative or positive. We want to speak to people who are involved in the diabetes community too, whether that be through voluntary groups or fundraising efforts. We want to be the leading resource when it comes to diabetes news, views and features.

If you are interested, then please click this link and read on: http://sugarandstrife.wordpress.com/2011/11/02/the-diabetes-chronicle-we-need-you/. Maybe you can help us out? Feel free to contact me at [email protected], or drop me a private message on here.

I'll be around this forum for a while, seeking out stories, so feel free to get in touch!

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you,

Lee Kettle
The Diabetes Chronicle Editor