The Future is Here (The Rise of Skywalker)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today we decided to watch the latest Star Wars movie, The Rise of Skywalker. Before doing so we ate in the food court below. The busiest outlet by far was Hamburgology. Here they stated that your 200 gram burger could be served either in a bun or on a plate. And with either rice, chips or salad. It was very popular and suited me and us as a family. Mine came with a fried egg on the top and some parmesan cheese.

D02187B2-4006-4524-9C3D-890D78811BA0.jpeg

5591F6E2-805D-416C-B140-72DFBFBFB6FC.jpeg

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was the movie good?
I enjoyed it. Put it that way. :D

Getting back to the burger though it was refreshing to be able to eat out under such circumstances. The burger itself was good too.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Today we decided to watch the latest Star Wars movie, The Rise of Skywalker. Before doing so we ate in the food court below. The busiest outlet by far was Hamburgology. Here they stated that your 200gram burger could be served either in a bun or on a plate. And with either rice, chips or salad. It was very popular and suited me and us as a family. Mine came with a fried egg on the top and some parmesan cheese.

View attachment 37417

View attachment 37418

It looks very appetising, I'm pleased you enjoyed it :hungry:

Reactions: Listlad

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hasten to add, this chain also has outlets in both Brazil and Angola, aswell as Portugal and Madeira.

A long way to go for a burger I know, but these countries are showing us how it should be done ?

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hasten to add, this chain also has outlets in both Brazil and Angola, aswell as Portugal and Madeira.

A long way to go for a burger I know, but these countries are showing us how it should be done ?

@Listlad have you never been to Five Guys?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s an awful lot closer than Angola!
Well yes.

So looking these guys up, they operate on a similar footing evidently. That being the case it would be good to see them (and or their style of presenting fast food) proliferate so that the whole nation can get the benefit of eating out on a lower carb higher fat diet. Would you agree? All steps in the right direction?

Edit : The Algarve is a fair distance too. But for me, last week the burger bar I was referring to was local. And of course, it goes without saying that if on holiday abroad then these types of outlet are available as an option. It was quite handy for us as a family at the time as it meant we could make the one set of food purchases from the same outlet, and satisfying each family member simultaneously.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lotties

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I drove all the way to Meadowhall today. There happened to be a Five Guys there. I bought two burgers and a Diet Coke which was £20. The good news is that they served me a decent burger, with cheese and bacon, in a lettuce wrap. My wife had a regular burger. I was disappointed that there was not a fried egg available to go with it, but at least it worked well otherwise.