The Highs and Lows of Football

brighty14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,

New blog post on what I think is an interesting subject. Certainly not written from a healthcare professional perspective but I wanted to talk about the effect of hypers and hypos on performance.

A difficult and controversial subject as most would say I shouldn't get into that situation, but as we all know, in the heat of sporting battle you don't want to come off or withdraw!

Let me know what you think.

Chris

https://thediabetesfootballcommunity.com/2017/06/06/the-highs-and-lows-of-football/

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good read and interesting!
As someone also involved in football as a big part of my life. I work for a football club.
I have also coached and played when I was (much) younger!

Performance is a huge part in how those that have such a problem because of a condition can take part in a decent standard of football. Even at youth football, with disabled and even at professional level, consistency is important to each of them in any sport.

My son was born with a ball at his feet and so talented but his health intervened because of chronic asthma. He is in his thirties, still plays five a side and his skill is still there but he comes off panting trying to catch his breath. The inhaler is never far away!
Thanks for sharing!