THE LADIES WILL KNOW WHY I'M RANTING ...

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
This isn't a rant about diabetes, it's a rant about hairdressers who do what they like with MY hair and why having a hairdresser we can trust is essential.

Basically, my hair is a mess and so I feel a mess too. Why is my hair a mess? Well it wasn't a mess. I have a good, plentiful, head of hair, or at least I did have.

I'd been patiently growing it into a short bob for several months. It was nice and thick and bouncy and I was really pleased with the way it looked and felt. But as it started growing out I went to the hairdressers basically for a trim to just keep it in shape and that's what I asked for.

But my hairdresser had other ideas and I discovered, to my detriment, that she had quite a domineering streak. She'd cut my hair about 6 times in total and I had no complaints. But she did ask 1001 questions about what I wanted before she picked the scissors up and there were a couple of times when I thought she'd never stop snipping, she seemed to be too much of a perfectionist at times and as a result my hair ended up shorter than I would like, but generally still a good cut.

Now my hair tends to fall into its own comfortable way, it doesn't like being parted, stretched, teased or tweaked into shapes that don't suit my head and that irked her a wee bit as time went on and it was clear she wanted me to have 'a style' and despite me refusing lacquer every time, she still sprayed it over me.

So on the last visit, although she wasn't busy, I felt she was a bit hyped up for some reason, I got the 1001 questions about 'how did I want it'. To which I replied "Just as it is now, but neatened up really." She looked puzzled and kept saying "But do you want layers in it?" I said "I want it exactly as it is now, but neaten the straggly bits off, a trim basically." She replied "Yes, but do you WANT layers?"

I honestly didn't know what she wanted me to say, because as far as I was concerned she could see my hair, see whether it was layered or not and could understand my simple instructions. So I said "No, I don't want layers." She said "Well what DO you want then?" So I told her again.

She picked up the scissors and began snipping and talking non stop and it became apparent she was layering it and it was too late to say STOP! She then began fiddling with the front and said something that made me decide "Right Madam, this is the very last you'll see of me here, or any of my friends for that matter." As she snipped the front of my hair she said "I know you don't LIKE it swept over to the side but THAT'S the way I'm doing it anyway." and proceeded to snip, snip, snip to her heart's content. I was amazed at that comment and she's lucky I didn't smack her in the chops to be honest.

The result? A hairstyle I can't stand and that doesn't suit me, I wake up every morning with bits sticking up all over the place, it's layered and thinned out far too much that I feel I've lost half my hair.

The hairdresser herself has very poor, thin, weak, wispy, hair and I find myself wondering now whether she also has a very jealous and vindictive streak to go with it and whether she was actually so jealous of my lovely head of hair that she couldn't stop herself from ruining it.

So I'm on the lookout for another hairdresser and I'm hexing the old one, I hope she loses every customer she has!

Anyone else had an encounter with a psycho hairdresser? :roll:

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
GraceK ! Pour that leftover Voddy in her coffee and insert her scissors where it will hurt her the most ! ( in her till ! ) and that is not a euphamism !

No jury would convict you !

I still use the same barber I did 30 years ago, none of that ponsy stuff, just a simple tuppenny all off for kids and a general tidy up and beard trim for me.

Update on the Gdansk trip, after the wedding, assuming survival, we are going to Warsaw for a couple of days, then on to Osweitim for Aushwitz camps 1 & 2. Has to be done, lost a few rellies in that fiasco ( version 2 ).

Got to go now, the mum-in-law's boiler needs fixing,( no ! it's not another euphamism ! )

She has a voice that can shatter glass at 50 feet ! ( but she's loaded ) I love her.

TTFN GK....................Roy

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Superchip said:
GraceK ! Pour that leftover Voddy in her coffee and insert her scissors where it will hurt her the most ! ( in her till ! ) and that is not a euphamism !

No jury would convict you !

I still use the same barber I did 30 years ago, none of that ponsy stuff, just a simple tuppenny all off for kids and a general tidy up and beard trim for me.

Update on the Gdansk trip, after the wedding, assuming survival, we are going to Warsaw for a couple of days, then on to Osweitim for Aushwitz camps 1 & 2. Has to be done, lost a few rellies in that fiasco ( version 2 ).

Got to go now, the mum-in-law's boiler needs fixing,( no ! it's not another euphamism ! )

She has a voice that can shatter glass at 50 feet ! ( but she's loaded ) I love her.

TTFN GK....................Roy

Roy ... you have me in stitches here. You take care of that loaded MIL, they're precious!

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Well I'm now feeling like myself again. For the past two weeks I've felt like Tommy Cooper and my mental health was really taking a dip due to my bad hairdo! Every time I looked in the mirror I didn't recognise myself, at work I couldn't look people in the eye and I couldn't concentrate because my hair felt sooooooooooo 'wrong'. :x

I had to give it time to grow out a bit so yesterday I finally went to the new hairdresser who made a wonderful job of it and I could feel my mood lifting by the second as she snipped it in all the right places.

So thank God that episode is over, I've now invented a new psychiatric disoder called Maladjusted Trichtopic Disorder the symptoms of which are severe depression, social anxiety and poor cognitive function after experiencing a bad haircut, and I'm going to ask my GP if I can have a monthly prescription for a cut and blow! I shall impress upon him the importance of hair and what we hairdressers do with it which can make or break us. Wish me luck! :lol:

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Racism,ignorance,nastiness,selfishness
Your post was so funny ~ its cheered a very poorly and sick me up no end. Glad your hair back to its former glory :D

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aaah hairdressers! It can go so right or so very, very wrong! About 10 years ago I spent a very sick week in hospital and when I was well enough I decided to treat myself to a haircut to pick me up. I have quite light hair that doesn't take well to abuse. My usual hairdresser wasn't there so I let someone else do it. Mistake!!! The cut was fine (I discovered this later) but the blowdry -OMG! I looked like a chicken that had been out in hurricane conditions. I was at such a low ebb anyway I just wanted out of there. The walk home was the longest of my life! I couldn't lift my head for fear of making eye comtact. Luckily when I washed and dried it it looked normal and I was spared another trip out into the world looking bonkers.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App