The lower the insulin, the higher the blood sugar?

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why do you ask?
As a rule, yes, but there are many more factors than insulin which together result in a blood sugar level.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Depends on many things including what you eat, how much exercise you do, how stressed you are, time of day, time of month, weather, ...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Hi,

your insulin dose should (in theory) keep you around acceptable healthy parameters on the BG front..

your dose. Is your dosage.. personal needs can change from time to time.

lowered when inappropriate? BGs will climb.

Can you elaborate on your topic?

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Hi,

your insulin dose should (in theory) keep you around acceptable healthy parameters on the BG front..

your dose. Is your dosage.. personal needs can change from time to time.

lowered when inappropriate? BGs will climb.

Can you elaborate on your topic?
Thank you all who responded. I noticed the change (I lowered my insulin dose as BS got lower) since a new medication.
Maybe the drug itself, or its influence on eating less.

Reactions: Antje77
M

Member496333

Well, maybe. There's no simple answer. In the case of hyperinsulinemic pathology with continuing high insulin demand but failing delivery, then probably yes. But in terms of healthy physiology that's not being dominated by excessive glucose then no, not really. Perfectly normal to have low glucose and simultaneously low insulin outside the setting of raging diabetes.

Metabolically healthy people don't have insulin coursing through their veins keeping glucose in check, if that's the question.

Last edited by a moderator:

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, maybe. There's no simple answer. In the case of hyperinsulinemic pathology with continuing high insulin demand but failing delivery, then probably yes. But in terms of healthy physiology that's not being dominated by excessive glucose then no, not really. Perfectly normal to have low glucose and simultaneously low insulin outside the setting of raging diabetes.

Metabolically healthy people don't have insulin coursing through their veins keeping glucose in check, if that's the question.
Very sorry but I have no idea what all of that means.
Could you explain in simple terms?

Reactions: Erin