The perfect advent calendar for a low carb’er

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Spotted this in John Lewis today - perfect for those of you who love an Advent calendar (ok I’m a big kid!) but follow the low carb diet - happy Christmas ;)

157E0FFB-69C7-46D0-BF48-A0C79EC50D41.jpeg

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found the nutritional info for all the flavours on myfitnesspal and the highest onevis the maple flavour at 2g carb per 100g - as the bags are only 7g each in the advent calendar it's almost negligible- they do use msg in some of their products if anyone is adverse to that. I think this would be a nice treat as long as you don't open the windows all at once hehe

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found the nutritional info for all the flavours on myfitnesspal and the highest onevis the maple flavour at 2g carb per 100g - as the bags are only 7g each in the advent calendar it's almost negligible- they do use msg in some of their products if anyone is adverse to that. I think this would be a nice treat as long as you don't open the windows all at once hehe
That's good to know :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I notice it’s out of stock for online orders.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Be careful, I've just Googled them to find out more and noticed that many of the flavours have Dextrose or Sugar listed as ingredients. I can't find a carb count anywhere either :sorry:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0714/0999/files/a4_IngredientsPage_NODESC_1.pdf?4473811032482227097"

The full nutritional info is on the reverse of the box - it’s only around a gram of carbs per day, I think I can cope with that - this includes the ones flavoured.

It’s one scratching a day I think :rolleyes:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for posting that @PenfoldAPD .

I think I'll ask my OH (non-diabetic, but does eat LC along with me,...... mainly) which he would prefer. I'm not sure this will win for him, but it almost certainly will for me, if it is also GF. Irritatingly, lots of spice coatings aren't.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Reactions: Rachox

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had an email from John Lewis to say that the pork crackling advent calendars are back in stock. I also noticed while browsing in store a few days ago, that they are selling very large presentation jars of the same pork crackling in the same flavours. Can’t find the latter on their website though.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When reading online about the ASDA Cheese Advent Calendar, the article also mentions Aldi are planing a wine version.

Our very own 24 day cheese and wine party.