The road is long, but at least I'm on it!

BananaK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Forum,

I wasn't sure where to post for the first time, but here we go. I really want to start by thanking the forum and all of it's participants. I came across it while researching the Freestyle Libre. I'm 35yo T1 for 15 years living in Austrlaia, and before the Libre and this forum, have never had any support or good info - surviving yes, but not well.

As the title suggests, I'm finally back on the road and going in somewhat of a good direction. Having just attached my second Libre sensor (I only got 10 days unfortunately), I've got more info about my BG that ever before and it's amazing.

I've identified the massive liver dump I get between 3AM and 6AM. And within five days of having the Libre have also now started LCHF eating. Mind blowing!!!

From days where post meal I'd hit mid teens, and then randomly at any other time have hypos, I've been sitting between 4.3 & 5.8 for 10hrs today. Not hungry - although researching LCHF just makes me want to eat... Cream is coffee is awesome btw!

I'm by no means under control, or hitting any milestones, but feel like there is a path to health that might actually be for me.

Thanks and best wishes - I'll be sticking around. :)

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations on those readings... Those readings I could only wish for... Keep up the excellent work your doing so well:)

Reactions: ziggy_w

BananaK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations on those readings... Those readings I could only wish for... Keep up the excellent work your doing so well:)

Thanks!! It’s all a rocky road - I have since misjudged dinner, hypo, then over corrected...

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Welcome aboard the forum

Yes you are on the road but you are not alone because we are with you every step of the way

Reactions: BananaK

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome aboard. It sounds like you've found a path that will hopefully lead you in the right direction. OK, there might be a few bumps along the way, but keep going and I'm sure you'll get to where you want to be.

Reactions: BananaK