The Season of Goodwill / and or resolve

sixfoot

Tomorrow is going to be a test of will, the first casualty will be roast tatties and roast parsnips

Good luck to everyone else !!!

Dave P

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
for me it will be the season of not doing a test for the whole day (unless I feel particularly ropey) as I might "mislay" my meter until the dawn of Boxing day ... went into town to buy new potatoes for roasting and "accidentally" bough a large parsnip too ... oh well ... I think I'll just go eat two mince pies and be done!!!

xxx

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
Hee hee that's the way to do it Jem! Me and mum have "accidentally on purpose" mislaid our meters too :wink: Here's to a great 2009 :mrgreen:

Good health to everyone,

Bubsy

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
meter? what meter? where? what for?

roast potatoes, mashed parsnips, yorkshire pudding and gravy, mmmmmmm..................

wiflib

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Oooh yum wiflib - finished all my wrapping now having a cuppa and mince pie mmmmm :D

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: got a chest infection, on antibiotics and a weeks course of steroids which is ramping my BG up big time, so its a very low carb Christmas for me.

Bah Humbug :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have slipped off the wagon slightly too.
My mother is staying and although I managed to pass of a load of Czech Christmas baked goodies onto my daughter and son-in-law, I did succumb and let BG get up to 8.2, which isn't me. I'm back down again this morning . T1 husband promised Augstus( only boy dog) a good walk, since I took his daughter out to deliver local Christmas cards. However it's on me to deliver on thepromise. T1 doesn't walk( Charcot feet!)
And of course. We are now making the traffic light jelly for daughter to take to her mother-in-law's this afternoon. Daughter doesn't have the necessary ice cubes. Nor the right size bowl! And 3 layers of jelly to set in under 3 hours.
They're adult children, but you still look out for them.

sixfoot

Well in the end my resolve held up, as did my BS numbers the worst was a 7.5. Having lost over 2stone since April and getting the numbers and Chol down to where it should be, that was as good as any present. Roll on February got 3 weeks in Cyprus.

Best wishes to everyone else
Dave P

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Ah well, at least everyone had a good time. Me and mum slightly overdid it (stollen with cream and just 1 mince pie each) and when I weighed my self this morning i've put on 3lbs since the weekend :oops: but at least I can compensate for that now. Here's to a healthy new year!

caitycakes1

Had a fab xmas day. Didn't feel that I missed out. Bacon and egg for brekkie, smoked salmon and prawn starter, beef in a chili and garlic sauce with loads of veg for main course and fresh strawbs saturated in double cream for pud, then onto the new Wii fit to burn the excess off. Worst for me was a 7.2. Had such fun with the kids on the new wii fit though. Today I am VERY aware of every muscle group in my body :lol: Giving it a break for a few days!

Caitycakes x

The Governor

I did okay really.

Tea and toast for breakfast.

Turkey, 1 yorkshire pud, 4 roasties, peas and green beans, dollop of mash with gravy for lunch.
Vanilla cheesecake and cream for pud.

had 4 maltesers and 3 After Eights in the afternoon.

Highest reading I saw was 7.1 at 2100.

All in all fine I think, still wish I didn't have to think about it.... but we all have our crosses to bear.

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
wagon very much fallen off and driven in the opposite direction for a few days :)

bgs went up to 13 ... eeeek ... well, that might've been the biscuits I had WITH the cheese after the main event ... hum ... ah well, am sure to have laden on the weight, but will be back to normal soon-ish ;)

hope you had a good time all, despite meters being nicked by the meter gnomes and infections/bugs - hope you're all in better health and enjoying yourselves :)

best, Jem xox