Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok so my tumble dryer only seems to have 3 settings
  • 3 Weeks to dry
  • Oven Gloves!!!!!!!
  • Almost Dry. :meh:
Does anyone know who invented the almost dry setting on my tumble dryer and do they have a cat?
:bag:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
My work computer has a "I know you are on the phone and need this info for the call" mode that results in the wheel of death.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
  • 3 Weeks to dry
  • Oven Gloves!!!!!!!
Does anyone know who invented the almost dry setting on my tumble dryer and do they have a cat?
A chap called Shrodinger. Well known in the world of problematic drying cycles.

As for the wheel of death, Skype thinks my ancient laptop is a joke and I therefore get a special wobbly wheel of death, @Diakat. Terrifying.:nailbiting:

Reactions: Diakat

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
  • 3 Weeks to dry
  • Oven Gloves!!!!!!!
Not sure who invented it, but a stray cat comes in and sleeps on ours at night. Blame her.

3C399163-884E-4E3C-926E-5231DFEAD274.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
  • 3 Weeks to dry
  • Oven Gloves!!!!!!!
Now, now I thought you had got over your problem with felines! Apart from that I love your posts.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone know who invented the almost dry setting on my tumble dryer
The same person who has told my washing machine to stop 8 minutes before the end of the cycle and beep at me saying the filter or hose is blocked! All I do is press the start button again and it empties quite happily......

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just to add to the stray cat who lives on my washing machine story (she sits on it for the whole cycle, and this somehow stops it stalling and having to be restarted), she brought us a kitten yesterday. We found it squeaking under the dining table, while she was helping herself to the resident cats’ food... she’s half their size and just barged them out of the way!

Reactions: Sue192

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now, now I thought you had got over your problem with felines!
But now I have a new problem because @Sue192 "The Evil Genuis" brought Shrodinger into it.
IF I did follow him home and kill his cat , which seems perhaps extreme but at the same time a fitting punishment for the almost dry setting, the time line would immediately split in 2 creating an alternate universe where the cat is still alive. :meh:

Perhaps if I applied Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, but I'm not sure that would work. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gannet

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But now I have a new problem because @Sue192 "The Evil Genuis" brought Shrodinger into it.
IF I did follow him home and kill his cat , which seems perhaps extreme but at the same time a fitting punishment for the almost dry setting, the time line would immediately split in 2 creating an alternate universe where the cat is still alive. :meh:

Perhaps is I applied Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, but I'm not sure that would work. ;)
Theres no perhaps about it IMHO. I’m not sure Shrodinger even has a cat. :cat:

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Perhaps is I applied Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, but I'm not sure that would work. ;)
Hehehehhhhh..... Evil Genius here. :wacky: The cat thinks outside the box, and will therefore outwit any attempt to shove it through a tear in the time/space continuum. Heisenberg hasn't a clue.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My cats would just push stuff through any tear in the time/space continuum. Including each other.

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hehehehhhhh..... Evil Genius here. :wacky: The cat thinks outside the box, and will therefore outwit any attempt to shove it through a tear in the time/space continuum. Heisenberg hasn't a clue.
Now it did have me stumped until I thought of it differently how could I truly be happy knowing in a parallel world the cat would go unscathed . :meh:

I had to alter my thinking and decide if I could be truly happy in this world sitting across the table from say, a little fat diabetic nurse, knowing in my heart that in an other reality the cat didn't make it. :woot:

And the answer was yes. I was fine with that until I realised in the multiverse where every possibility that can exist does exist they there is a reality were the cat kills me. :dead:

So its self defence the cat has to go.;)

Last edited:

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My cats would just push stuff through any tear in the time/space continuum. Including each other.
I did think of repairing the rip in the space time continuum with string theory.
But the cat just nicked the string:meh:

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You also have to take note of Pratchett's corollary to Schrodinger.
The cat's state may well be bl**dy furious !
A Pratchet reference so cool.:cool:

Tell me you go the Spinal Tap quote I snuck in ;)