Thirsty during the night

whatashock

good evening.

When I was diagnosed with type 2 last April, one of the main symptoms was excessive drinking, especially during hte night, when I was going through a pint or two of water.

Once I was diagnosed, this seemed to subside, but has started again over the past few weeks.

I know I am not drinkign as much, but my levels are so much lower.

How much do people drink during the day, and has anybody got any ideas of anythign else to try.

Dont think I have had a compelte nights sleep for about a month.

Thanks in advance.

banjo brunette

I'm most definitely NOT an expert but in my experience (and before I was given the wherewithal to test regularly) I found that going back to getting up to drink/pee in the night was my main indication that my control was dropping and I took myself off to my GP pronto. My GP changed my medication, I stabilized and went back to a good night's sleep (with only the very occasional midnight visit to the loo....). Hope this helps a little.
Cheers, BB :D

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Certainly not an expert but think I have attained good control over my T2 as my figures and weight indicate. I still get up to the loo most nights, sometimes twice and when I do I make myself drink a glass of water 'cos I think that more (water) is better than less for me! I also try to remember to drink a glass of water with 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar just before bed.
Do you test your BGLs?

John aka Wallycorker

Hi whatashock,

Getting up in the night to go to the toilet several times was something that I used to do in the past before I took control of my blood glucose levels. However, these days, I don't ever have to get up at all.

By the way, great numbers you quote in your signature! Given that level of control, I'm surprised that you are still having problems. Maybe the problem will go away soon?

Best wishes - John

MaryChristine

Hi whatashock

My advice would be to see your gp. There are other causes of increased thirst and/or increased urination besides diabetes mellitus so it might be as well to check for those, especially as your BG control looks good.

Best wishes
MaryChristine

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Hi ya, I have spent many an afternoon in my GP's office insisting that my frequent trips to the loo were due to my diabetes, even though I had fab hba1c results etc, etc! after my 5th visit, I switched docs and got told 'irritable bladder' which is a bit like irritable bowel, but with the obvious difference :D so, unless I have these special little tablets to help, I pee morning, noon and night! it's not always down to the diabetes, hard to believe I know :wink: