1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

This 8 week 800 calorie a day thing

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Jamrox, Feb 6, 2016.

1. zand

zand Type 2 · Master

Thanks. I still have a very long way to go. No I haven't lost any recently. My weight has been going up and down again by a few pounds only.

It's funny that you should ask me today though, because after reading a couple of threads here today I have decided to do another 5 day fat fast. So I'll let you know......:)

Edit: And I've stopped taking the anti-depressants now too so I will have to change my signature. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. KateA

KateA Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I haven't read all the posts here, will get round to it, promise. This may have been mention but Michael Mosely (he of 5:2 fame) has brought out a blood sugar diet book, quoting Prof Roy Taylor and other research. It is like Prof Taylor's regime but with real food, which I would much prefer. Will take me a few days to complete and I will start next week. I might write a diary.

3. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

There's a few of us attempting it - me included. It's a tough regime but it will be worth it in the end.

4. Jamrox

Jamrox Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sorry KateA but you maybe you should have read the posts , this thread is about my 8 week 800calorie Michael Mosely diet journey lol.

I'm half way through and cheating a bit but still lost 8lb and 6cm off waist .FBC constantly in the 5 range too

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jamrox

Hi @KateA didn't mean to sound rude in my post , I was laughing

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Only a woman can multi-task like that.................Imperial and Metric in the same post :wideyed:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Jamrox

Haha that's because me scales are imperial and my diabetes tape measure is metric .
    I started school in 1969 imperial them changed to metric in 71 so I am a mixture lol

• Like Like x 7
  8. Jamrox

After dancing away at a Jason Donavan concert last night my FBS is 5.2 .
    Happy days . I feel well , I'm 10 st 13 this morning and I'm happy about that . It's good to say I'm 10st something rather than 11 st something

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Diamum5972

Diamum5972 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning all - my book arrived this morning so I'm going to have a careful read through it. I was diagnosed T2 in October last year and even though I have lost some weight the last half stone is proving rather stubborn! I won't be starting it right away, we're going up to Scotland for a few days next week so I'll wait until we get back

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jamrox

Pity you weren't here this week the weather is really nice today (and yesterday ).
    Where you going ?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Diamum5972

Diamum5972 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Edinburgh, I'm a knitter and I'm going to the Edinburgh Yarn Festival. My cousins live in Alloa so we're going to spend some time with them too

• Like Like x 8
  12. Jamrox

I'm in Ayrshire . Edinburgh is my favourite place . I love it . I'm going on a course there for 3 days in April

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I tried to claim knitting as my exercise once on one of Jamrox's activity threads.
    They all said 'No'.

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. Jamrox

Hahaha

15. Jamrox

Confession time
    I've been off plan for a couple of days . It's day 36 /56 I am going to add 8 days on the end (or more if I go off track again).

So today I'm getting back on track .

• Like Like x 2
  16. zand

zand Type 2 · Master

hmmmm. OK so you've been off plan. That may not have been a bad thing though, you will have surprised your metabolism and this could possibly be a good thing long term. Who knows? But don't beat yourself up about it, just carry on and see where that takes you. You have achieved what you wanted to achieve with your weight anyway, so all's good. I reckon.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

@Jamrox I've been following your thread with a lot of interest as I'm also doing the 8 week AND and I've always thought your attitude towards it was sensible so I decided to adopt it, too. It's only my day 8 but if I do go off plan I will just accept that I'm human and not perfect then add that day to the end.

In the book Michael Mosley does say that 8 weeks might not be necessary though. Some of the examples he gave took less time to get rid of enough visceral fat and get below their Personal Fat Threshold.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. zand

zand Type 2 · Master

Exactly that, it's the Personal Fat Threshold that's important and none of us will know where that is, or how long it will take to get there until we are there.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

I know in Dr Taylor's research there is mention of a 15% weight loss target so that's my aim (at the moment). Although I am expecting to have to be flexible on that as 15% of the weight I was when I started the Blood Sugar Diet will only take me down to the weight I was when I was diagnosed.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook