This is a much watch for all of us and our families

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
The opening of this film,actually choked me up. This promising to be inspirational and very informative regarding Diabetes. This comes in 9 episodes..The video will explain to you what you have to do to get to watch the 9 episodes, its free and looks brilliant.

https://go.ithriveseries.com/fb-watch

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is that the one that turns into a vegetarian/vegan rant... it's all about dietary fat and other rubbish? Or am I mistaking it for something else..

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I remember watching the trailer some time ago. I said it was cheesy and got no further than that. It definitely seemed to me to have a poorly masked agenda.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Is that the one that turns into a vegetarian/vegan rant... it's all about dietary fat and other rubbish? Or am I mistaking it for something else..
Wow so closed minded. I don't know but I cannot comment as I have not watched it. I see Jason Fung is in the clip among other doctors who support low carb and Keto.. I just thought that it would be worth a share so people can watch and make up their own minds

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I remember watching the trailer some time ago. I said it was cheesy and got no further than that. It definitely seemed to me to have a poorly masked agenda.
am assuming that you have not watched the series, you made up your mind without watching any of the series, just trailers..Well in this clip I saw Jason Fung and other doctors who support low carb and Keto.. I will give it a chance before I judge the program

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
am assuming that you have not watched the series, you made up your mind without watching any of the series, just trailers..Well in this clip I saw Jason Fung and other doctors who support low carb and Keto.. I will give it a chance before I judge the program

So you decided to watch the series based on the trailer, too? But you do not allow me to make the opposite decision based on the trailer, that is what a trailer is for, to grab the attention long enough for one to decide if one would wish to view the piece/s in entirety.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So you decided to watch the series based on the trailer, too? But you do not allow me to make the opposite decision based on the trailer, that is what a trailer is for, to grab the attention long enough for one to decide if one would wish to view the piece/s in entirety.
I cannot possibly comment on whether the series is good or not, but you called it cheesy and come the conclusion that there is an agenda..All this by a trailer. When somebody goes to the trouble of putting a link up thinking that maybe the video may help somebody or perhaps they would like to watch it..One does not expect such negativity without even seeing the series. People on here so far have just dismissed the film without seeing the series,even go to call it rubbish

Last edited:
Reactions: umabell

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched the first two episodes but seeing Dr Michael Greger's incoherent rant about the dangers of ketosis was enough to convince me I didn't want to watch any further. If ketosis was that dangerous, the human race would never have survived :rolleyes:

Reactions: cocobee.2017

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I cannot possibly comment on whether the series is good or not, but you called it cheesy and come the conclusion that there is an agenda..All this by a trailer. When somebody goes to the trouble of putting a link up thinking that maybe the video may help somebody or perhaps they would like to watch it..One does not expect such negativity without even seeing the series. People on here so far have just dismissed the film without seeing the series,even go to call it rubbish

Why watch it when better advice is here at your fingerstips?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow so closed minded. I don't know but I cannot comment as I have not watched it. I see Jason Fung is in the clip among other doctors who support low carb and Keto.. I just thought that it would be worth a share so people can watch and make up their own minds
Yes I saw Jason Fung on the trailer and then watched the episode where he was speaking and the editing was very pronounced. The picture was jerking all over the place. Once I saw that Neal Barnard and Michael Greger were given longer and larger segments and from various other thing I have seen from them I realised where the program was going which is when I gave up after 3 episodes.
I can assure you I'm not closed minded but I'm not going to waste my time watching something that has flawed science(if much at all) in it and would certainly not recommend it to anyone newly diagnosed who hadn't had experience of these propaganda pieces.
Also you misquoted me, one of my pet hates, I said "a bit turgid and very “American” dramatic".
Note the "" marks around American and tell me you didn't understand exactly what I meant.
You also said it was a "must" watch in your title.. something with which I take issue.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
This promising to be inspirational and very informative regarding Diabetes.

Thank you for the link, I get weird feeling when they speak of the "depths of diabetes".

I was diagnosed type II in 1997 and took it in my stride because my father, an uncle and a cousin were also type II and only my uncle was overweight. It took several things to make me realise things were wrong, very wrong - the appalling side effects of Metformin, the side effects of Atorvastatin and the almost fatal side effects of Rosiglitazone (weight increased to 27st without eating more or exercising less, GP treated my anxiety about weight gain with Citilapram), nearly forgot the liver function deterioration as the result of taking Rosiglitazone.

Hopefully, that was my personal "depths of diabetes" and all down to the prescribed drugs used to treat my "ailments".

I reckon the videos will distill a lot of different information from different sources, so quite useful, as we are all different we can try any of the suggestions and see how we get on. Personally, I'm in week 7 of a VLCD, weight loss has stalled but BG is brilliant.

All the best.

Reactions: Incyb

lindisfel

Expert
Yea, I remember going through it last time and got the faint smell of new religion and the ringing of cash registers! :)

Then there was that other long speel from the other guy about the Sri Lankan tribe that had the right kind of snake oil to cure diabetes!

The way to combat T2D and R.H. is simple but it takes resolve and guts to do it.
D.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

You say you cannot judge what the series is like but your title said it is a must watch for us all!

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You say you cannot judge what the series is like but your title said it is a must watch for us all!
The title was meant to be enthusiastic, as I was...Some people on here have posted that their husband, wife, families friends do not understand how dangerous diabetes can be, and how frustrating it is for them. The clip also showed how people can turn things around. Like I said I have not watched all of it, so cannot judge. I won't call it rubbish or slate it until I have watched all or a few series of the program. The other part that I watched was the founder of Thrive was giving information about diet. He was championing veg, meat and natural fats. This program so far what I saw was catering for meat eaters and vegetarians,as there are people who do not eat meat.If there is a part regarding people eating a plant diet as somebody rubbished here,well then they are catering for those also. I will watch the series and see if I can learn anything new

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yea, I remember going through it last time and got the faint smell of new religion and the ringing of cash registers! :)

Then there was that other long speel from the other guy about the Sri Lankan tribe that had the right kind of snake oil to cure diabetes!

The way to combat T2D and R.H. is simple but it takes resolve and guts to do it.
D.
Well, it says that the series is free. I won't know until I watch the series

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you for the link, I get weird feeling when they speak of the "depths of diabetes".

I was diagnosed type II in 1997 and took it in my stride because my father, an uncle and a cousin were also type II and only my uncle was overweight. It took several things to make me realise things were wrong, very wrong - the appalling side effects of Metformin, the side effects of Atorvastatin and the almost fatal side effects of Rosiglitazone (weight increased to 27st without eating more or exercising less, GP treated my anxiety about weight gain with Citilapram), nearly forgot the liver function deterioration as the result of taking Rosiglitazone.

Hopefully, that was my personal "depths of diabetes" and all down to the prescribed drugs used to treat my "ailments".

I reckon the videos will distill a lot of different information from different sources, so quite useful, as we are all different we can try any of the suggestions and see how we get on. Personally, I'm in week 7 of a VLCD, weight loss has stalled but BG is brilliant.

All the best.
Thank you for your constructive post. Yes I was wondering the same thing as we are all different, no shoe fits all so to speak. Sounds like you and your family have been through the mill. I have also stalled with my weight loss,apparently this is very common and the weight loss can start again according to the experts. Well done for getting your BG down to a better level

Reactions: Incyb

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The title was meant to be enthusiastic, as I was...Some people on here have posted that their husband, wife, families friends do not understand how dangerous diabetes can be, and how frustrating it is for them. The clip also showed how people can turn things around. Like I said I have not watched all of it, so cannot judge. I won't call it rubbish or slate it until I have watched all or a few series of the program. The other part that I watched was the founder of Thrive was giving information about diet. He was championing veg, meat and natural fats. This program so far what I saw was catering for meat eaters and vegetarians,as there are people who do not eat meat.If there is a part regarding people eating a plant diet as somebody rubbished here,well then they are catering for those also. I will watch the series and see if I can learn anything new

Enthusiasm is great. Clearly you were impressed with the trailer and I hope you are left feeling informed and that you are more hopeful by the time you finish the series.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes I saw Jason Fung on the trailer and then watched the episode where he was speaking and the editing was very pronounced. The picture was jerking all over the place. Once I saw that Neal Barnard and Michael Greger were given longer and larger segments and from various other thing I have seen from them I realised where the program was going which is when I gave up after 3 episodes.
I can assure you I'm not closed minded but I'm not going to waste my time watching something that has flawed science(if much at all) in it and would certainly not recommend it to anyone newly diagnosed who hadn't had experience of these propaganda pieces.
Also you misquoted me, one of my pet hates, I said "a bit turgid and very “American” dramatic".
Note the "" marks around American and tell me you didn't understand exactly what I meant.
You also said it was a "must" watch in your title.. something with which I take issue.
Why on earth would you take issue with "It's a must?" It is just a title. For goodness sake