This is so important for EVERYONE

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Thanks Karen,this is a good stress reliever ,I've been using it to good effect for a while now.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Mercola is a nut, but comes up with some interesting ideas.
Note he says he does this whilst giving thanks for his food.

ChocFish

LOL hanadr, I agree, Mercola is a nut, there are lots of nuts out there though...but this breathing exercise is really good, breathing exercises are also part of yoga, etc

I am doing voluntary work with nervously ill people, anything from phobias to panic attacks and depression, as part of this I teach Relaxation and that includes breathing exercises, this is important for everyone, so in this instance Mercola is definitely not a nut, even if he chooses to do the exercise while giving thanks for his food or during eating, probably his way of avoiding indigestion?

Karen

lizives

This is not so silly as some may think and reminded me of something I learnt years ago. After a really terrifying breakdown some years back I needed counselling and stress relief and was taught Square Breathing - breathe in for 4, hold for 4, breathe out for 4, hold for 4.
Do this while visualising a square and going around it. Up the left side for 4 while breathing in, across the top holding breath, etc, etc. Helped no end but I had forgotten about it for a while. It will help me again so thanks for the reminder. :)

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Deep breathing - with the diaphram working is also important.

davewoods

It is funny how many times I have seen deep breathing mentioned in various things I have been interested in. All from the centre there. Whether it was acting or singing, or a brief interest in martial arts and yoga. I think we sometimes forget that breath is the thing that keeps us going.

Dave Woods