1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Those who do or have tried LC/HF

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by anna29, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I wonder what I am doing here too.
    I tried LCHF as it had been described to me for 3 weeks. Not long enough? Well it was long enough for me to gain just over a stone in weight. Made no difference to BG levels which were already well controlled.
    Had a disgusting affect on digestion.

I already eat few carbs, so see no reason to add extra fat.

I am confused as to the definition LCHF, as some people seem to interpret that as eating cheese with butter spread onto it, while others say having full fat dairy is enough.

I am also confused in how we measure 'success'. Is it BG levels controlled? Is that BG levels controlled with or without meds? Is it weight out of obese range? Weight out of 'overweight' range? Some or all of these?

As to me being on the thread, I do want to understand. I do not want an argument. But to ask me why I don't try it suggests that you don't believe my way of eating is valid.

Perhaps by eating few carbs, but eating fresh vegetables, fruit, eggs, fish lean meat, full fat yogurt, skimmed milk, I am already using the LCHF method?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hopefully you read my post before it was butchered as now it doesn't sound like like proper English :cyclops:

• Like Like x 2
  3. dannyw

dannyw Type 1 · BANNED

Who eats cheese with butter spread on it ? That's just wrong ;-)

4. Totto

Totto Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Isn't this thread turning into LCHF-bashing? I can see no need for those who find LCHFa bad idea or even disgusting idea to tell us about it. I thought the thread was meant to find people with experiences of LCHF, good or bad?

Yes, I occasionally have cheese and butter as a snack. Please don't ridicule something that actually works for me.

• Like Like x 10
  5. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Whilst cheese with butter is good for some, I'm not sure it appeals to many. Having said that, one should always try something before dissing it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Russell Sprout

Russell Sprout Type 2 · Member

I like LCHF it has helped me tremendously

• Like Like x 11
  7. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

Love the name! Welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Just tried some 'I can't believe it's not butter' on a slice of Pilgrims choice, light and smooth cheese and I don't like the taste or texture of the two commodities together.:yuck: sickly.

I used to love a cheese or meat/egg salad sandwich, but would spread a thin amount of mayonnaise on the bread. Very nice as a sandwich, or even all rolled up in a piece of ham is lovely too.

9. anna29

anna29 Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Back to the threads topic heading please folks .
    Or thread will be closed .

10. Paulabetts

Paulabetts Type 2 · Well-Known Member

did really well lost about 2 stone then plateaued then lost my job and got lazy back to structured routine tomorrow back to good eating habits!! low carb here i come with a vengence

• Like Like x 6
  11. jack412

jack412 Type 2 · Expert

I agree, I couldn't do cheese and butter :yuck:... I only have butter and cheese when it's on a crisp bread

• Like Like x 2
  12. Randburg

Randburg Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well in 7 pages we still have virtually no one who has found that LCHF does not work ?
    Almost everyone is in favour of it from what I am reading,
    But lets see if we get any other responses ?
    :bored:

13. anna29

anna29 Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Majority over minority is obvious within this thread .
    Clear what has happened !

Thread closed .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook