Three year check up

Curleous

Dislikes
bad manners and rudeness
Hi All
have had three year checkup today .. not much to report as blood tests arent back yet but lost 1kg since last year which is a bonus as i thought i had probaly put a few on but still need to lose 4 kg. Last hb1ac was 5.7 so hoping around the same but think more like 6.1 or 6.2 according to meter. BP was 124/82 which she said was slightly high :( . Hoping for a reduction in cholesterol which was 5.5 on last one and 4.4 on the one before that. She said i might have to go on statins otherwise. Anyone her on statins and thoughts would be welcome, is 5.5 very high for cholesterol as she said the ratio for good to bad was good but not an expert on any of this!!. asked about a change from lantus to levemir and she said see consultant but was slighly against it i feel. No problems with all the other tests with feet etc ..

I hate waiting for the results for the blood tests :crazy:

Cheers All
Curleous

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Fingers crossed for you Curleous :)

The recommended cholesterol levels for people with diabetes are as follows:

HDL: 1mmol/l or above for men; 1.2mmol/l or above for women

LDL: below 2mmol/l

Triglycerides: equal to or below 1.7mmol/l

Total cholesterol: below 4mmol/l

iHs

Hi

On my last check up my cholesterol levels were 5.73 but my triglyceride level was 0.26. I think the cause for concern is based on what the triglyceride level is. My HDL had risen and also a small increase in the LDL. I did ask whether I needed to take a statin but consultant said no and so did the GP.

Curleous

Dislikes
bad manners and rudeness
Results in hb1ac 5.8 and cholesterol 5.4 and no other problems with all the other tests that they do with the blood... i dont know ratio for good and bad or trig results yet but doctor says no further action required.
Now aiming for a much lower reading at next checkup.

cheers
Curleous

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Great result Curleous :thumbup:

Tracey69

Hi and welcome,
Good Morning,
Well done on your test results. I am a type1 and have been on statins for a long period of time, as i was firstly told cholestrel should be below 5 and then i was told that it had to be below 4 as being a typei and obviously we can get heart problems. But we must remember we are all different and that each consultant and GP have different opions on these things.
Hope all goes well.
Take care
Tracey

Curleous

Dislikes
bad manners and rudeness
Thanks all
have consultant next moth so will see what he has to say about it. I am really going to push hard to try and reduce by diet and exercise. My diet is fairly low carb and higher in protein and fat so will have a good look at it and make a start. Have started on the yoghut drinks proactiv etc in the last week and will have to cut out a few of the cooked breakfasts and cheese and butter :(

Cheers

Curleous