Time has come today

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
When do you take your diabetic drug-- before, with, how many minutes with or before your meal?
Do you find side effects accordingly?

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
I take 5 different tabs for different things and one is supposed to be in the morning. But I take mine all in the evening just before dinner and I get good blood test results.

I do it that way so it is easier to not forget, I leave all my tabs out where I can see them and take a handful before dinner. Easy Peasi!

Part of my handful is 5 Metformin slow acting. I believe (rightly or wrongly) that slow acting is not equal slow acting and it will have more effect when I first take it than when it is nearly due to be taken again.

I get good results so I have not considerd changing what I do.

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take mine (metformin) at the same time every day (9:00am and 7:00pm). Normally, that's after breakfast and dinner but can occasionally be before.
I'm lucky in that I have had no side effects from the metformin and the reason I do it at a certain time is that I am hopeless with remembering to take tablets so have an app on my phone that reminds me to take them at those times - without that I'd probably forget to take them at all :)

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I take my Thyroxine , lanzoprazol before breakfast then metformin after breakfast and after dinner which we have at tea time usually 4 pm :)

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
2 x Metformin and a shot of Lyxumia immediately before I eat breakfast. Then 2 x Metformin after dinner.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
2 x Metformin and a shot of Lyxumia immediately before I eat breakfast. Then 2 x Metformin after dinner.

Thank you forge, Phil1966. PatsyB, luceeloo, I also take Metformin which has practically 0 side effects, 3x per day and upon waking I take Synthroid. The problematic drug for me is glyclazide which hits a low if I take it too long (e.g. 30 min.) before meals. This depends on how much you have eaten before so it's a bit complicated. So, I may try to cut that to 15 min. I think I read somewhere that you are supposed to take Sulfynamides WITH your meal. What happens when you take it and wait, even when you start to eat, the hypo begins even while you are eating

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i take my diabetic meds just before breakfast and just before tea