1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arrived here after watching The Truth About Carbs? Join the Low Carb Program for meal plans & 10 weeks of simple steps into your new lifestyle.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Tingling feet and hands

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by SueJB, Feb 2, 2018.

1. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone,
    Some thoughts on this if you can. I've had tingling in feet which goes up my calves and stops at the knee and tingling hands which don't quite reach the elbow. Yesterday, one finger went completely numb and freezing cold. I took them both to the doctor, he got tests done for vit B12 and follic acid and my thyroid. All normal well except I take thyroxine. He doubled the dose of potassium.
    So now what?
    Any ideas welcomed with tingly fingers

• Like Like x 1
  2. paulus1

paulus1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

do you have a consultant. obviously you need to get diabetic nerve/blood vessel damage discounted. iv 2 numb fingers on my right hand just wear and tear says my doctor.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 · Guru

It could be diabetic neuropathy. This is something that needs investigating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Is this a recent thing or is it something that runs in your family?
    I regularly get very cold numb white fingers. This is due to Raynauds which my mother and her mother have but never had diabetes: it is unrelated.

5. SueJB

Thanks, I have a feeling hahahahah that is exactly what I might be told

6. SueJB

I've read about peripheral neuropathy. Just wondered if anyone had had any experience... won't say first hand coz that might be a bit ...

7. SueJB

Thanks I do, appointment again in March

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook