Tired and head ache

terrie2k9

Dislikes
Ignorance horrible people
Just a quick question to clear up something that bothering me. I'm constantly tired all the time I can sleep really well and by 3pm I can't keep my eyes open also I find in the evenings iv been getting a dull head ache when my levels are higher are these anything to so with diabetes and if they are any advice on how to feel less tired as I work 12 hour days and it is interfering with my job.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

peter01827

Re: Tired and head ache

I too have mild to bad headaches and constantly tired, i can fall asleep any time but only sleep for about 2 hours at a time but after waking i find i can go back to sleep again almost instantly
i am type 2 diet and tablets i am also depressed most of the time but wasnt before my diagnosis
:wave:

terrie2k9

Dislikes
Ignorance horrible people

I don't always sleep well and I feel constantly run down my levels before I eat are good usually 6.4 and I don't feel to bad then but after they nearly 10 and that's when I get head ache and feel really tired it's killing me

Susiebabs

It won't apply to everyone but there are some links between OSA - Obstructive Sleep Apnoea And diabetes. I've had OSA for more than 14 years but was only diagnosed Type II diabetic in 2008. I am on CPAP therapy and I would certainly say the combination of good sleep aids good blood control and vice versa. It may not be all of you however it's worth checking out the symptoms to make sure and if necessary asking the GP to send you for a sleep test.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

There are several things that can cause you to feel very tired:
1. High Blood Sugar levels
2. Vitamin D deficiency
3. Anaemia (Iron deficiency)
4. Underactive Thyroid
5. Vitamin B12 deficiency

Get this lot tested and don't get put in the chronic fatigue box, it was where I was put when it was really Vitamin D deficiency. You may have to fight to get these tests, but if it is one of these then you will know the cause and be able to do something about it.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much

terrie2k9 said:
I don't always sleep well and I feel constantly run down my levels before I eat are good usually 6.4 and I don't feel to bad then but after they nearly 10 and that's when I get head ache and feel really tired it's killing me

I think the clue is here, your levels are 10 after eating, you should really be aiming for under 8.5 or some even aim for under 7.8 2 hours after eating. If your sugar levels are high you will feel tired and possibly get headaches. Clearly you are testing, now you need to use those results to help yourself. If your BG is 10 2 hours after eating you need to cut out some of the carbs that you ate.

What was it you ate when you the had BG of 10? Maybe have a look and the forum and in the low carb section. I personally seem to have a carb intorlerance, I aim for less than 50g of carbs a day and this seems to keep my levels steady. I feel less tired and much healthier, more energy etc.

blackcat79

I no how u feel. Im have it all the time as my levels mainly 12 all day with drops tk 7.2 if im lucky n highs
21! Headache n feeling hungover is me these dsys oh n hungery due to only 15/20 gs carbs per meal. Yes im on meds n tpye 2 so they say!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

))Denise(( said:
There are several things that can cause you to feel very tired:
1. High Blood Sugar levels
2. Vitamin D deficiency
3. Anaemia (Iron deficiency)
4. Underactive Thyroid
5. Vitamin B12 deficiency

Get this lot tested and don't get put in the chronic fatigue box, it was where I was put when it was really Vitamin D deficiency. You may have to fight to get these tests, but if it is one of these then you will know the cause and be able to do something about it.

Hi All.
I had the high blood sugar levels and an underactive thyroid and was still soooo wearily tired.
Got myself tested for vitaminD [after denises posts - here in the forum]

Was 23.7 and should have been 50 or more :shock:
So 'needed' VitaminD medication quickly .

6months later the difference I felt was IMMENSE...
So much better and brighter, sparkier with some 'energy' back :thumbup:

Worth considering, requesting a test " if " definetely chronically wearily tired/fatigued EVERY day [as I was!]
See your GP and discuss with him/her ...

Anna.