tireness

powlezy

help me please iv had type 2 for about 3 months now treated with diet and exercise iv lost 18 pounds in wieght but i still seem to have really bad tiredness will it ever stop please help

ChocFish

Hi, you are fairly new diagnosed, so lets start off by telling us what are your bg readings like, assuming that you do have a tester and a supply of strips? Do you take any medication at all, even if not for diabetes? Do you have more weight to lose?

Maybe if we know a bit more we can have a better idea of why you are feeling so tired.

All the best

Karen

LadyJ

No point in giving information as to readings and meds if we don't know what you eat, so please also provide some information to that effect.

But basically, as soon as you get your BGs under control, the tiredness should ease off.

powlezy

i have no testing meter they wont suply one no meds just diet i eat a low fat diet as im over wait mosty grilled chicken salmom pots brown rice brown bread i havnt really been told wots good for me or not but the nurse checked my bg and it was 6.8 i hope this helps

ChocFish

Hi again, I really think that you should be getting yourself a meter, and insist that your doctor prescribes you test strips, you need to test yourself to find out how the various food that you eat affects your glucose levels.
You appear to be eating lots of carbohydrates too, potatoes, brown rice and brown bread all raise your glucose and this in turn can cause your tiredness.

I know you are very new to all of this, but now that you joined the forum I urge you to make a real effort to read the posts, esp focus on threads that mention 'carbs', here is one thread to start you off viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3527&p=18539#p18539 some very, very experienced members have posted to share their personal experience in controlling their diabetes; the more you learn about diabetes the better and the higher your chances of avoiding complications. 6.8 is too high, reducing your carbohydrate intake will lower glucose, but really you do need to test, that is very, very important, you need to do this after every meal.

Also do you do any sports/exercise, being active will also help to keep your bg within the healthy range.

And remember to ask questions if there is something that you dont understand or need more info on, there is always someone here that knows the answer to help you along.

Meters cost between £10 - £15 or so from chemists, if you are quick there is some nice person offering a free meter, you never know you could be the lucky recipient.

All the best

Karen