To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
IMG_20160701_132856.jpg

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I agree @Rockman, we get negative messages from home, school, work. What is important is to not let that dampen belief in ourselves, to allow us to express ourselves freely. Whatever form our creativity takes, it is unique to each of us. '
Wrong' is not in the creative vocabulary except perhaps to be ridiculed by the comic, the comedian.
And we will all make 'mistakes' of some sort or other.
But it is by learning from them and developing ways to deflect the 'slings and arrows of outrageous fortune', and be able to not take our selves too seriously that we can transcend the critics.
And they say " Two wrongs do not make a right" well, three left hand turns gets you nowhere either.
We are not born knowing wrong but we are born creative and with potential.
Making mischief is creative, just leave enough space and freedom and things will (usually) right themselves.
Why am I taking so long to make my latest kite? I am worried that there is something that could go wrong.
So overthinking, doubting that it is going to fly and be safe. At some point I have to put doubt and fear aside and try something, no matter how doubtful I am. How else will I learn and be able to do better next time ?

legolgel

I agree @Rockman, we get negative messages from home, school, work. What is important is to not let that dampen belief in ourselves, to allow us to express ourselves freely. Whatever form our creativity takes, it is unique to each of us. '
Wrong' is not in the creative vocabulary except perhaps to be ridiculed by the comic, the comedian.
And we will all make 'mistakes' of some sort or other.
But it is by learning from them and developing ways to deflect the 'slings and arrows of outrageous fortune', and be able to not take our selves too seriously that we can transcend the critics.
And they say " Two wrongs do not make a right" well, three left hand turns gets you nowhere either.
We are not born knowing wrong but we are born creative and with potential.
Making mischief is creative, just leave enough space and freedom and things will (usually) right themselves.
Why am I taking so long to make my latest kite? I am worried that there is something that could go wrong.
So overthinking, doubting that it is going to fly and be safe. At some point I have to put doubt and fear aside and try something, no matter how doubtful I am. How else will I learn and be able to do better next time ?
That's true....

Reactions: kitedoc