kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being so high I can barely open my eyes :(
Hi All
Im about to restart my low carbing, not been disciplined enough this year yet and undone all my good work from before Xmas.
I happened upon a video on youtube when I was looking for losing weight with Type 1, it was a doctor in Oz saying that the body only has two modes when you are Type 1 - storage and burning fat. Apparently the bosy can only be in one mode at a time so therefore it is apparently almost impossible to lose weight while still injecting a lot because of insulin being a fat storing hormone.
My question is, in order to get the weight loss issue off the ground how low card should I be going in order to flick the switch as it were? I'm so confused :crazy:
Thanks in advance

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
The fat burning mode you were reading about is "ketosis". To get there (and to stay there) you have to be eating less than 50g a day of carbohydrate, and to be certain less that 30g a day. This is just the Atkins diet induction phase.

Dillinger just wrote a great post on it here:
viewtopic.php?t=27702&p=255815#p255815

You might want to check out the Low Carb diet forum for more information.

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being so high I can barely open my eyes :(
Thanks for the quick reply,

I have been reading all the low carb stickies for the last couple of hours. Interesting material if not subject to the individual.