Today I am one year old . . . . . .

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
It was 12 months ago today that my GP diagnosed me as being LADA rather than T2. My glide slope was almost 7 years,to the point at which I was making little insulin and that sporadically.
What a roller coaster this past 12 months have been; A1c down to 44 from 117, cholesterol down to 3 from 6. something, HDL,LDL and trigs well down as well. Even insulin doses are now fairly even and BGs too. Alright, so there is a blip every now and again when I am not as controlled on diet as I perhaps should be. We all need a treat occasionally (carrots and sticks).
It has been a daily battle (mental and physical) and will continue to be so but very well worth it just to feel as I now do rather that feeling so, so dreadful this time last year.

Reactions: 11 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You've come a long way Alan, hope your good progress continues :)

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your hard work has paid off Alan. Congratulations on your anniversary and your wonderful improvement.

alliebee

Well done Alan. Its so wonderful to read your sucess story. I'm sure it helps new people to the forum see too that there can be light at the end of the tunnel...there is a lot of hard work and a steep learning curve but goodness its so worth it! You should feel very proud

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My goodness, I hope you're proud of yourself.

You certainly should be! :D

G

graj0

It has been a daily battle (mental and physical) and will continue to be so but very well worth it just to feel as I now do rather that feeling so, so dreadful this time last year.
Well done! Personally I get a great deal of satisfaction by being able to say "I did that" and I get inspiration from others who have made the same decision, to take back control of their lives.
Although my GP and DN are both supportive, I do wish they could help spread the word rather than follow the guidelines.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations Alan... You should feel very proud of what you have achieved.