TODAY I'M HAPPY WITH MYSELF BECAUSE ...

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
If anyone wants to add something they're happy with themselves about today, please feel free ... I thought it might give us some focus on those teeny weeny little achievements that make a big difference to how we feel ...

I'm happy with myself today because I drove my car to the mechanics and then I walked quite a long way to my local shopping centre, where I walked round a few shops, carrying a couple of light shopping bags. I then went into a cafe and had an all day breakfast of 2 eggs, 1 bacon, beans, 1 tomato and after that I managed another short walk around another shop ... and I did all that and only got a wee bit breathless.

I can't tell you how long it is since I've been able to walk and carry a bit of shopping, even carrying as little as a couple bananas and oranges would have me breathless and looking for somewhere to sit down. So today is cause for celebration for me. My breathing has been awful for the past couple of years and even with inhalers, it wasn't improving and I'd resigned myself to it staying that way and ending up in a wheelchair soon. I was never happy with the diagnosis of 'asthma', and I think I was right.

As my blood sugar is becoming more stable, my breathing is improving and therefore, my ability to exercise and of course ... the awful fatigue that was soooooooooooooooo depressing. So although perhaps diabetes itself can't be cured, many of the symptoms and complications can be reversed if we get that all important diagnosis in the first place.

I'd wholeheartedly encourage any newly diagnosed T2 diabetic not to give up hope of vast improvement in a short time, if you get your head round diet and testing. It's not a cure but it can give rapid and very real results.

Honestly, if I could skip in the air and click my heels together at the moment, that's what I'd do ... but for now ... I'm just so happy that I could walk around my local shops like a normal person again. :D :D :D

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, GraceK :)

That is so nice for you.

I hope your car has not got a major problem and your mechanics carry out a fine repair.
It is now that time for vehicles to have winter checks etc; carried out.

Many garages do get a well deserved bad reputation.

However if I was GraceK's "motor racing engineer" I would ensure everything was perfect, as GraceK is a winner and it's not wise to get her angry.

Roy.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
izzzi said:
Hi, GraceK :)

That is so nice for you.

I hope your car has not got a major problem and your mechanics carry out a fine repair.
It is now that time for vehicles to have winter checks etc; carried out.

Many garages do get a well deserved bad reputation.

However if I was GraceK's "motor racing engineer" I would ensure everything was perfect, as GraceK is a winner and it's not wise to get her angry.

Roy.

:lolno: Roy, I don't get angry ... I get irate. :wink:

So far my little four wheeled friend has had a new set of windscreen wipers, a new exhaust, a new battery, a new light bulb and it was still intermittently refusing to start until the battery was charged. After trying several mechanics I finally found an Auto-Electrician who sorted the problem out in 20 minutes right outside my door and he did it with a smile and a twinkle even though it was raining. It turned out to be a wire from the radio that was draining the battery. :roll: So today it's at the mechanic's having it's carburetter cleaned and decluttered and hopefully my little Punto will be set up for the winter and raring to go.

I love my car. :D

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
Lovely story Grace !

Formula 1 next year ? That battery draining episode has made me think ! Got the same problem - new cd/usb player !

Keep up the good work,

Regards Roy ( chips )

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
So ... where are all the other happy posters then? :eh:

Come oooooonnnnnn ... you must be happy about something today. :roll:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Am happy that my hubby is home to look after me now.
Got a rotten virus :sick:
Does this count ?

Awww bless you - you're a happy bunny with your motor and the walk doing your shopping :)
Why have I got a picture of you as lady penelope in your lovely motor with your shopping bags at the side of you :p

You are fantastic , achieving what you have and so happy and appreciative of each thing .
However small or big - quite humbling to read .

Anna.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
anna29 said:
Am happy that my hubby is home to look after me now.
Got a rotten virus :sick:
Does this count ?

Awww bless you - you're a happy bunny with your motor and the walk doing your shopping :)
Why have I got a picture of you as lady penelope in your lovely motor with your shopping bags at the side of you :p

You are fantastic , achieving what you have and so happy and appreciative of each thing .
However small or big - quite humbling to read .

Anna.

Awww thanks Anna ... I am a happy bunny and I'm appreciative because I know what it's like to take for granted, lose and regain something ... I suppose age teaches us that ... :roll:

Lady Penelope though? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I seem to remember she was blonde, slim and had a chauffeur called Parker? It's a long time since I've been blonde or slim or had a chauffeur come to that. But you've got me thinking now, maybe I should advertise for a Parker - although I'm not sure I could handle not being in the driving seat.

Sorry to hear you've got a rotten virus ... send it away! Tell it to begone! Banish it to oblivion! :wink: Just don't give it to your hubby ... you need him to pamper you. :wink:

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,Sharon Guy :)

That is really good news, well done.

Roy, :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Good for you..

Thats a first positive step..

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Sharon Guy said:
Today I am happy because I went to the doctor about my depression. The turn around starts here.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hello Sharon .

You have made a huge positive step forward for yourself today .
Bet your are chuffed with yourself for taking such a step forward to get help .

Well done :clap: To do this takes effort and courage .

As you say the turn around for you - starts here .
Please do remember we are all here to support you .
Just ask anything you feel/need to .
Do let us know how things progress too :thumbup:

Anna.

Finzi

Sharon Guy said:
Today I am happy because I went to the doctor about my depression. The turn around starts here.

Woo hoo Sharon - good for you! :) :)

Type 2 on Metformin, diagnosed Jan 2013, ultra low carber, Hba1C at diagnosis 8% (64), average BS now between 5 and 6 mmol.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
... I have a roof over my head, a car, a job, bills paid, food in my belly - and I wish that for everyone ... I'm sure there's enough to go round if the distribution of wealth was sorted out a bit more fairly ... :think:

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I'm happy today as it's almost Easter and now's the best time in Britain to plant your potatoes;-)

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

anita may

Im happy today because the antibiotics have done their job :grin: and only have one more dose of prednisolone.

Welcome back to lower BG levels (high 20s on the steroids but why worry when I need them to breath) lol and further weight loss .....

oh more happy vibes :lol: .... lost 26kgs in 18 months

:razz:

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That is excellent news anita! I can understand your delight. Sometimes medication makes you feel as bad as being sick! Also congrats on bs returnimg to normal. Hurray!!:grin:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Today, I'm happy with myself because firstly, I woke up and secondly, the sun is shining and thirdly, I've just had my first cuppa of the day! Aaaaaaahhhh! :D

Maitland

Officially diagnosed on the 26th April and now have an average of 6.4 2 hours after meals and a fasting reading this morning of 4.8. Feel as if I am moving in the right direction. Still have that craving for yum yum's unfortunately :D

M...