Today's email from diabetes.co.uk reads "NHS cutting T2 costs"

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's an emotive headline in the all member email. Is that planted there purely to raise attention? There is no corresponding article in the email and by a search I can find no such article.

What is this all about?

Last edited by a moderator:

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
@sterling - Oh I so agree with you - this happens quite frequently and wastes so much of my time. We should not need to use Catherine to tell us even if she is a Moderator

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah I've just received said email and you're right there is no link to the titled story.

Annoying to say the least!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
The picture was linked to the story, if you hover your mouse over it you will see it is a link.

It might have been better for the story tittle to have been linked as many people turn off images in emails to save data if viewing on a phone, but the link was there.

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've had another look and still can't see it. I hovered my mouse over all the pics I can see and still nothing.

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The story presented in reply #1 is really very old news re-circulated. The NHS certainly took a decision on reducing the funding of test strips, at least on an area by area basis, some years ago. The decision was founded to a degree upon research as cited and on cost considerations. But I see no evidence that "the NHS is cutting T2 costs" as the emotive headline suggests.