toes feeling strange

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
for the last two weeks i've felt like i have wool tied round my big toe on my right foot and now a bit in my left.......i struggle with my diabetes and have been told repeatedly to relax and live with it as it is because its not meant to be that hard....

i'm worried about my feet.....i want better control and always strive for this.....have heard that extra vit c....as in big doses.....may help with any onsetting neuropathy??????

do dafne and multiple injections......sites not working brilliantly....swapped to arms and better for a bit but getting sore now.......think pump would be better but can't get at mo.......any thoughts please :(

Dave24

My both feet are like yours, it feels like they hace cotton wool under them. I was told, it is all part of the symtoms but I've onlt had it lately and is Painful as I also suffer from Oesteo Arthritis and Osteo Porosis so am in pain 24/7 and on maxixmum pain killers, no one will give me Morphine. I am also wheelchair bound which doesn't help as I can't exercise at all. Dave

badmedisin

I had a feeling of having rubber bands tied round my toes. Also felt like my socks were folded under my feet. It was driving me crazy. Doc said it was early neuropathy. I did dafne and reduced my A1c and it went away.
Hope yours gets better :)

mrburden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I've had painful neuropathy for some years now. In the early stages my GP prescribed a cream called Capsaisin (I think that's it's name). It has chilli pepper extract in it.
He to;d me the constant heat and feelings caused by the chillis eventually "fool" the nerves into a state of "normality" because of the constant feeling, which the brain seems to accept. Well mine did anyway. It did eventually stop working but it was a relief while it lasted.
Might be worth mentioning to your docs.

julie...57

Hi, Does anyone suffer from painful heels, when I stand up after sitting for a while my heels ache. I went to the Doctor who said just take paracetamol and the diabetic nurse said its my shoes, but I had only worn the shoes that day and not before

thanks
Julie

Janieb

Dislikes
People who think that all diabetics are lazy - think some education is in order :0)
Yes I do, I put it down to still being over weight as both my ankles swell as well.

akj1155

Re: Painful heels

I have been suffering from painful heels for a few months now and whenever I get up after slleping or sitting down,the pain in my heels is unbearable.
I went to see my GP who said gave it a technical name,which I can't recall. He told me to put gel pads inside the shoe and the pain would ease. But this doesn't work.
I must admit I am 14 stone in weight and my sugar levels are fluctuating abnormally. Is this the reason?
I have also been advised to stop eating citrus fruits or adding lemon/limes to my food as flavourings.
If anyone has got any other suggestions please help as I often feel like a cripple.

Jane F.

Be careful with that if the neuropathy gets worse Your nerves may not feel wounds which can turn into non-healing ones. So check Your feet all the time. I've read about that at: