Tom Naughton - Crisis in Nutrition

pianoman

From the USA but I think it still applies...

Tom Naughton of "Fat Head" speaking at a conference of the Office of Research Integrity on why more and more people are ignoring doctors, nutritionists and government health agencies and turning to blogs and social media for health and nutrition advice.

[youtube]6-oP34xXFWM[/youtube]

The reason we have a crisis in health and nutrition, is that: people who are battling obesity and diabetes are being told to make the same losing bet over and over again… and they’re tired of losing, and they’re starting to lose faith in the people telling them to make that bet… people with credentials, who are essentially saying “trust us, according to our research the guy didn’t actually jump…”

sweetLea

Thank you so much for posting that. I am passionate about how people are being misled by official guidelines. I am always absolutely horrified when I hear what people are being told to eat!

A

Anonymous

Thank you for that link. It leaves me baffled how a high carb diet can be heralded as the way to eat.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
That's excellent!
I taught sciences for near 40years and I'm still shocked by what I see being given as evidence.Whenever I challenge this kind of thing, I'm accused of not understanding or being a nut-case. I may be a nut-case, but I do have a very high IQ and I'm logical, so there's not so much that I'm not capable of understanding. Beyond the mind-set of some of my fellow scienists that is!
PS
I'm not too good at the maths of particle physics either :lol:
Hana