Fetchmeacoffee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
busybodies
Hi guys , not posted here in a while.

I'm finally getting things sorted , and start on the Roche Insight pump tomorrow , really excited and nervous at the same time. I have a week with Saline and then on the 24th go live with insulin. Anybody else pumping with the insight , and how are you finding it ?

Reactions: 5 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Better with stainless steel sets than the plastic ones for me as I am lean.
The remote tester is quite accurate to my last combo pump meter for levels between 5-8 but can vary iutside tgese levels by quite a bit. Ie my old combo pump or expert meter can say 8.1 and my Insight pump meter can register 11.8....so this is causing me a bit of concern at the moment. Same as last night... My expert meter said 4.3, but my pump meter read 5.6 so I didn't treat...(as the pump Meter reads higher with extremes I should have treated)... Then within 30 minutes I had sunk below 4.0... So I don't think my Insight meter is as accurate as others.

Its easy to use. Its small. Just make sure you have extra strips and the gp knows precisely that you need the pump cart novorapid.

You'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

JannyC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck, I've picked that pump and am just waiting on my start date

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
And make sure the GP knows you need a box of pump cart novorapid at a time.... not just a cartridge at a time, as my GP prescribed! I'd be in the pharmacy every few days at that rate.

The Rapid (steel) cannulas are really nice to insert ... just a simple push and they're in.

Really enjoying the remote bolus functionality from the meter... much nicer than having to get your pump out from wherever you keep it every time you eat.

Good luck!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
And make sure the GP knows you need a box of pump cart novorapid at a time.... not just a cartridge at a time, as my GP prescribed! I'd be in the pharmacy every few days at that rate.

The Rapid (steel) cannulas are really nice to insert ... just a simple push and they're in.

Really enjoying the remote bolus functionality from the meter... much nicer than having to get your pump out from wherever you keep it every time you eat.

Good luck!

Depending upon how much insulin you are using a day you will have to negotiate with your GP on how many boxes (of 5 cartridges) you need a month. That was what I was told by my DSN.. She would tell GP to prescribe 3 boxes a month but if I needed more or less than that qty I had to negotiate.

Last edited by a moderator:

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi guys , not posted here in a while.

I'm finally getting things sorted , and start on the Roche Insight pump tomorrow , really excited and nervous at the same time. I have a week with Saline and then on the 24th go live with insulin. Anybody else pumping with the insight , and how are you finding it ?
I'm starting on saline at 13.30 today 17 march as you say its all very exciting
good luck

Reactions: 2 people

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
I'm looking to trial this pump but got to wait until June (I live on the Isle of Man and I think we always lag behind a bit because of it!!). Would be interested to hear how other people are getting on with this pump too. :)

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Its OK but the screen is so small.and black on grey is not good .
you would never buy a mobile with such a bad screen quality the menus are to complicated to do the simple things .
i put on the care-link software.on my PC
i'm sure they could of made more of an effort. doesn't run on Google chrome only IE and that needs a java plug in.

it is comfy i have it in a runners belt the thing they use to put there mp3 players in .
its a bit like an inner tube with a slit in it you just feed it through the slit works well .i wear it in bed. i'm going to get some new glasses i hope this might help. with the screen if i had a choice i might have picked something else.
but its a start
.i'm only on saline this week.Bring it on
:)
thanks

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
You don't sound overly impressed with it @caretaker :-(

Fetchmeacoffee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
busybodies
I've had mine running with Saline for a good 24 hours now and I love it , I thought I would have big issues sleeping with it , but nope none at all , it's small , discreet and I'm learning so much about it already. @caretaker I thought you could only use roche software with the pump?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Its OK but the screen is so small.and black on grey is not good .
you would never buy a mobile with such a bad screen quality the menus are to complicated to do the simple things .
i put on the care-link software.on my PC
i'm sure they could of made more of an effort. doesn't run on Google chrome only IE and that needs a java plug in.

it is comfy i have it in a runners belt the thing they use to put there mp3 players in .
its a bit like an inner tube with a slit in it you just feed it through the slit works well .i wear it in bed. i'm going to get some new glasses i hope this might help. with the screen if i had a choice i might have picked something else.
but its a start
.i'm only on saline this week.Bring it on
:)
thanks

Black on grey screen? That sounds like the old combo pump not the Insight pump..

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
On the Insight pump everything is coloured screens.... And there is a way to change all colours, size and brightness too...

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
On the Insight pump everything is coloured screens.... And there is a way to change all colours, size and brightness too...
The pump they gave me is the old veo. Why? the insight would have suited me a lot better. maybe they will change it later for the newer model.
The DSN should have shown me a working pump first before going ahead and ordering this one

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had mine running with Saline for a good 24 hours now and I love it , I thought I would have big issues sleeping with it , but nope none at all , it's small , discreet and I'm learning so much about it already. @caretaker I thought you could only use roche software with the pump?
sorry i'm talking about a medtronic pump

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The pump they gave me is the old veo. Why? the insight would have suited me a lot better. maybe they will change it later for the newer model.
The DSN should have shown me a working pump first before going ahead and ordering this one

I thought you were having the Insight pump with the full big text, colur screen etc.. Just couldn't fathom out why you had a grey screen. My mistake, thought you were using the Insight.

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I thought you were having the Insight pump with the full big text, colur screen etc.. Just couldn't fathom out why you had a grey screen. My mistake, thought you were using the Insight.
I wish.
do you think they'll change it

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Black on grey screen? That sounds like the old combo pump not the Insight pump..
Aparantly I was told the background colour can be changed to black and white but the rep will show me when the pump arrives as I've had traing and tried NovaRapid in my old pump for the last few days to make sure I have no adverse reactions to it