1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Totally disheartened :(

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by kellibabi, Oct 31, 2014.

1. kellibabi

kellibabi · Well-Known Member

Hello all,

After being moved onto insulin (Humalog 25) in June, I noticed (at the end of August) that I'd put on about 8lb.

Deciding to nip it in the bud, I've been low carbing (50g MAX - most days I come in at 35-45g) & started to excercise more.

My non-diabetic friend decided to join me for moral support (although she hasn't been excercising).

The result? - SHE has lost 12lbs - I haven't lost a single pound.

I've worked SO hard & had NO result at all with weight loss. My readings have gone from between 8.3 - 11.4 to 4.8 - 7.9 though.

Apart from living on water & thin air, does anyone have any suggestions?
    I am SO p'd off at the moment :(

2. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

It is supposed to be physiologically impossible to eat nothing and yet put on weight. Maybe you should give the forum more information. I cannot advise a T1 since I am a T2 but I still find your story odd in that you have gained weight.

3. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

I would be fed up too.

I think you need to show a menu for what you are actually eating and drinking as there are so many interpretations of a low carb diet. This might help members with suggestions.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Scandichic

Scandichic Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Do you keep a food diary? That helped me!

• Like Like x 2
  5. 1207JRVL

1207JRVL Type 2 · Active Member

If you have been exercising then you have been toning your muscles and muscles weigh heavier than fat. As your friend has not been exercising that could be the reason she has lost 12lbs as she has not toned up her muscles. Have you noticed any improvements in the shape of your body?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook