Trailling Trio Elisse Silicon Barrier - Options - what would you pick?

What would you pick for a trial of the silicon barrier?

• Silicon Wipe and sensor straight on skin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blast of steroid inhaler/spray, silicon barrier, sensor on skin

• Blast of steroid, silicon barrier, compeed, sensor

• Total voters

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In a couple of FB groups I belong to, the good folk from Trio have been allowed to suggest using a silicon barrier under sensors for those of us struggling with allergy to the adhesive. They are super keen for before and after photos...

Since November I have been a devotee with varying levels of success of the Compeed blister plasters under the sensor, with added steroid nasal spray and more recently inhaler against the skin to keep the skin irritation down. After a couple of issues with the previous two sensors with tegaderm over the top (blisters forming at the end of the compeed - how ironic!) this latest attempt is:
Steroid inhaler
Compeed with hole in the middle
Opsite strip over the top of the hole
Sensor
Cohesive bandage
Result: No blisters, any itching has subsided after another blast of the inhaler (typically every 5 days)

In a couple of days I need to try out this silicone barrier thanks to their offer of free samples to see if it helps.
Issue is... I fly to California in a week or so's time, and thanks to the tegaderm issue my left arm and thigh still have a ways to go to heal, and my right thigh is currently in use so that leaves one limb left!

The (former) IT Architect in me from my previous life says... change one thing only... so bite the bullet, take one for the team and use the silicon barrier and sensor on the skin directly. My inner five-year-old is like 'WAHHHHHHH IT'S GONNA HURT, DON'T WANNNNNNA'

So curious what people who also have had allergic reactions would try
1) Silicon wipe, sensor on skin
2) Steroid inhaler/spray, silicon wipe, sensor on skin
3) Steroid inhaler/spray, silicon wipe. Compeed, sensor
4) Leave it the hell alone until you are back home and near doctors just in case you have any problems... or at least a stock of spares so if there IS an issue you have more than one or two to fall back on.

Many thanks in advance!