1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Travel case for Novarapid vials travelling abroad

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Tracyann35, May 23, 2022.

1. Tracyann35

Tracyann35 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi can anyone please recommend best travel case to keep insulin cool for Vials please? Last time I travelled I used pre-loaded cartridges but I’m on a Medtronic 640g now. Thank you

2. MommaE

MommaE Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I was recommended Frio products on here and recently used them for travel lasting over 24 hours. I was very impressed with them, in fact they would have kept insulin cool for much longer than that. Their website has a variety of options and sizes suitable for different insulin configurations. Delivery was fast too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. In Response

In Response Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I too use Frio. My Frio cases are more than 10 years old and were purchased for insulin pens but still going strong and work just as well for vials.
    Don't forget to take pens as backup if you are going away.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JaneC

JaneC Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've just come back from Italy where temperatures were 28/30c and kept insulin cool in 20 year old Frio cases, they have lasted so well and really do the job. I keep thinking I should buy new ones but these work as good as they did 20 years ago. I use a large one to keep everything in hotel room ( no fridge) and a small one for a back up pen when out.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook