Travel Insurance

Daver

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Malicious liars, people who interrupt, war.
Hi all,

I've recenetly been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and am looking to go on holiday soon. Does anyone have any Travel Insurance company recommendations as the quotes I'm receiving as a result of the Diabees are fairly high. (Annual cover inc. USA)

Any advice is much appreciated.

Best regards

Dave

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Daver,

There's one that advertises at the bottom of the main forum page, other than that I can't recommend one, but hold tight someone will be along soon with a recommendation.

Nigel

Daver

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Malicious liars, people who interrupt, war.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Try Saga for a quote. My wife and I have various ailments, mine including Type 2, but Saga list each of these and cover them. The premium goes up for each additional item but not too much. We can get Annual cover for outside the USA but need to take out a specific trip policy for the USA.

candyfloss

Dislikes
Processed foods and refined carbohydrates!
I found getmy.com travel insurance gave me the cheapest quote for annual travel insurance but I'm T2 on diet only.
However its worth getting a quote... 0845 026 2441

banjo brunette

Not to hijack Dave's thread but for info I had to get travel insurance REALLY quickly a couple of weeks ago - a fortuitous gap in the ash cloud. I went with Asda - did everything online and got one year worldwide (no winter sports) straight away with no probs as they simply accept diabetics who are treated by tablets on the basis of an online self-declaration. £55 BTW.
Hope this helps someone, if not Dave :wink:
Cheers, BB :D