Travelling with diabetes

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Hi and welcome
Answer depends on what type you are, but really Diabetes is not a Ailment, but more a condition, and virtually anything a "normal" person can do you can do, apart from eating, were you need to watch your Diet.
Why do you ask ?

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
I am T2 ........... do not have problems with travelling. If by car take some goodies with you, so that you can stop and have something to eat. and then check your range before eating and 2 hours after. If you you travel via plane. coach .train the same applies.
I travelled to UK drove for around about 8 hours to Calais, checked my BG and took sandwiches, and water, and a few other bits nuts etc. stopped at café for coffee and a rest. checked BG several times. was fine. Did feel a little tired but stopped and rested.
As said by others before................ there is nothing wrong with you, except that you are diabetic............... you can do your normal checks. You can live your life as normally as possible. Just have to monitor you BG and when you feel tired sleep or rest for short periods.
I found that my Bg was good. Did stop for lunch at a motorway. chicken did not eat the chips.
Drank plenty of water and arrived safely in the UK to find that my bg was still what I had expected. Tired but got up in the morning and had a hearty breakfast. good luck. and think positive. Nothing changes just because you are going away. try to keep to your normal routine. if not there are plenty of help and you only have to ask.

Enjoy your travelling. and as long as you are as careful as you are in your own home. cannot see any problems.