1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Treatment of hypoglycemia in ketosis

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Sorcil, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Sorcil

Sorcil Type 1 · Member

#21 Sorcil, Jan 18, 2019 at 10:49 PM
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  2. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

There may be less experienced type ones reading this thread that _do_ need “reminding”. When I was diagnosed way back when, I was told it was more dangerous to run high than low.

While you asked the original question, it’s a public forum, and it’s worth being mindful of other people reading it. Dave’s reply wasn’t patronising, there’s no need to be so snippy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nikolakiss

nikolakiss Type 1 · Newbie

I am type1 too , when you are in ketosis you must go really low so to feel the hypoglycemia symptoms... But when so ,i find it helpfull to have an electrolytes drink like hi5 zero... I can't tell if it is placebo ,but give it a try... I also have and used successfully some keto energy gels ,they have about 10gramm of carbs and i used them at intense exercise... Last but not least ,drink mct

4. StewartH

StewartH Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes. Mel is right. Address the hypo with glucotabs ASAP. Tabs are good as I just take 3x4g CHO and find that usually gets me back in target pretty quickly and avoids going high after. I have not noticed dropping out of ketosis.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook