trouble with dvla

recovery_dude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have had type 2 diabetes since 2002. have been on insulin since 2013 hold a hgv licence. until today. Because i filled out there form wrong have had my driving licence revoked. I rang them up and got nowhere. They say you have to test your blood two hours before driving and every two hours whilst driving. I only drive a vehicle under 7.5 tonne and jobs come into our work base at random so its not like a lorry driver or delivery driver, i could be at work doing other things (not driving) for several hours. So the question on the form you fill out said Do you test your blood every two hours from starting work? so because i said no, i have lost my licence. I rang them up and basically they were not interested what i said, the decision had been made and that was the end of it. I find them the most unhelpful people on the planet.

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I have had type 2 diabetes since 2002. have been on insulin since 2013 hold a hgv licence. until today. Because i filled out there form wrong have had my driving licence revoked. I rang them up and got nowhere. They say you have to test your blood two hours before driving and every two hours whilst driving. I only drive a vehicle under 7.5 tonne and jobs come into our work base at random so its not like a lorry driver or delivery driver, i could be at work doing other things (not driving) for several hours. So the question on the form you fill out said Do you test your blood every two hours from starting work? so because i said no, i have lost my licence. I rang them up and basically they were not interested what i said, the decision had been made and that was the end of it. I find them the most unhelpful people on the planet.
Then write to them and explain you test before you drive and every two hours behind the wheel of the lorry/car you drive. State you misunderstood what was being asked of you. Send it by recorded delivery and keep a copy of it.

Reactions: 4 people

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
cn I ask a question,regarding your letter this is just for a lorry class licence your ban,,or does it apply to your car driving licence only?

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
cn I ask a question,regarding your letter this is just for a lorry class licence your ban,,or does it apply to your car driving licence only?
why I'm asking is I'm a type 1 medication insulin injections. I was a delivery driver on 7.5 tonners I'm gp contacted Dvla medical group I was banned from driving for 3 months , I received afew forms to fill in and then got a letter to say the panel has decided to give me a 3 year driving licence. I was disgusted the new 3 year licence was for cars only. all my other classes were removed . so to cut along story short.the renewal date for my new licence is march 2016, received a letter just before xmas telling me to fill in 2 forms and return in the next 5 days the forms and your previous driving licence,which I did but on one form it asks for your last visit to your GP regarding diabetes check,well I just put a question mark because I didn't know exact date,there returned the form telling me I have 5 days to get the correct date or loose your licence perminantly. now ive been told by other diabetics there sending people to optitions for eye tests/ medicals with your gp or indipending GP for hgv standards £100 who pays ?

denbo

why I'm asking is I'm a type 1 medication insulin injections. I was a delivery driver on 7.5 tonners I'm gp contacted Dvla medical group I was banned from driving for 3 months , I received afew forms to fill in and then got a letter to say the panel has decided to give me a 3 year driving licence. I was disgusted the new 3 year licence was for cars only. all my other classes were removed . so to cut along story short.the renewal date for my new licence is march 2016, received a letter just before xmas telling me to fill in 2 forms and return in the next 5 days the forms and your previous driving licence,which I did but on one form it asks for your last visit to your GP regarding diabetes check,well I just put a question mark because I didn't know exact date,there returned the form telling me I have 5 days to get the correct date or loose your licence perminantly. now ive been told by other diabetics there sending people to optitions for eye tests/ medicals with your gp or indipending GP for hgv standards £100 who pays ?
You pay to av a medical with hr own gp but the DVLA send u to c their independant consultant and it's up to him iic u get yr licence bk

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hope it gets sorted I know how upsetting dealing with the DVLA can be...